• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ex Storm 2 owner needs help with Email

My only problem I seem to be having coming from a Storm 2 to the Incredible is Email. Obviously, the Storm had push email so I was spoiled by that. I can't seem to find the right email app to use with my Comcast and Yahoo mail accounts. I have tried using the Gmail app, the HTC mail app, and K-9. Neither of the 3 seems to fit my needs as far as getting mail quickly but maybe I am setting it up wrong. Can someone please help me get the most out of getting my emails quickly?

I was having issues setting up my email however I wasn't using yahoo. I was setting it up using the email address given to us via our internet service provider. They could not help me but I found sorta how to set it up online.

Example:

Incoming:
Protocol: IMAP
Email:
UserName:
Password:
IMAP Server: popa.xxxxx.net
Security: SSL
Server Port: 993

Outgoing:
UserName:
Password:
SMTP Server: smtpa.xxxxx.net
Security: TLS
Server Port: 25

Again I don't know if any of this helps you but I thought I'd reply anyway to see if you can figure it out using my settings somehow.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
My only problem I seem to be having coming from a Storm 2 to the Incredible is Email. Obviously, the Storm had push email so I was spoiled by that. I can't seem to find the right email app to use with my Comcast and Yahoo mail accounts. I have tried using the Gmail app, the HTC mail app, and K-9. Neither of the 3 seems to fit my needs as far as getting mail quickly but maybe I am setting it up wrong. Can someone please help me get the most out of getting my emails quickly?

I came from a storm myself, and so far, I have to say the basic email client that comes with the Dinc is what I prefer the most. I set up the widgets and they also seem to work very well. I tried the yahoo one (but it basically takes you to the internet), I tried the Gmail one, and I didn't enjoy the interface.

Upvote 0
I also just upgraded to the DINC from a Storm 2 a week ago. Just use the standard "Mail" app that comes stock with the DINC for your Comcast and Yahoo accounts. While in the mail app, press the menu key, then press "more", then "settings, then "send & receive", then "set download frequency". You can go as frequent as checking for mail every 5 minutes. This should be plenty quick enough (I found even with push on the BB that sometimes my mail would be delayed 5-10 minutes anyways). Make sure you also setup the peak and off-peak settings as well.

Upvote 0

While your Comcast mail was pushed to your Storm, it wasn't push email like you think because the Comcast mail was still polled (every 15? minutes) and then pushed to your Storm. However Yahoo mail was push.

I have been using the Yahoo mail app from the marketplace, and while it is far from perfect, it is push (when it actually pushes). You can set up the HTC mail client to poll your Comcast email.

You could consider creating a gmail address, and have your comcast email forwarded to that. The built-in gmail email client is push and works pretty well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones