• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Exchange ActiveSync mail not syncing automatically??

pauly814

Nov 7, 2009
I seem to be having a problem where my pushed email is not syncing automatically.

For example I'll be sitting at my desk and get an email message in outlook and notice that even a minute and two minutes later, still nothing at the phone.

I hit the top button, and drag the lock screen down to unlock and then see the sync indication and the email comes in.

I have it set to Push Email. Any ideas what might be the problem?

i am having the same issue with exchange. i know its not the phone its exchange because i set the native email app to receive my work mail and it recieves it instantly and exchange is always minutes behind. also, even though i have it set, my phone doesnt seem to vibrate when exchange recieves a message

Upvote 0
I am having 2 issues with ActiveSync email.

1. it doesn't allow you to select html format, it is preset to plain text and the option is grayed out.

2. if you forward a message it only includes the header of the email you are forwarding and not the the body of the email.

I called htc about the format issue and they said they are aware of the issue and keep an eye on their website for an update.

Upvote 0

1. it doesn't allow you to select html format, it is preset to plain text and the option is grayed out.

2. if you forward a message it only includes the header of the email you are forwarding and not the the body of the email.

I called htc about the format issue and they said they are aware of the issue and keep an eye on their website for an update.

Those are issues with all HTC Android phones I believe. They don't support HTML yet. I know, ridiculous. Anyhow, it is what it is. Also, forwarding actually forwards the message as an attachment, so the recipient still gets the whole trail, just as an attached message within your new message. Again, is what it is until HTC fixes. Touchdown email app solves both issues.

Upvote 0

Mine works fine. The html is not greyed out and it works as it should. Forwarded messages are also as they would be had I sent them from my work computer. No issues.

Upvote 0

I seem to be having a problem where my pushed email is not syncing automatically.

For example I'll be sitting at my desk and get an email message in outlook and notice that even a minute and two minutes later, still nothing at the phone.

I hit the top button, and drag the lock screen down to unlock and then see the sync indication and the email comes in.

I have it set to Push Email. Any ideas what might be the problem?

I am assuming that you know this, but going to suggest anyway. Do you have Peak and Off-Peak both set to PUSH?

i am having the same issue with exchange. i know its not the phone its exchange because i set the native email app to receive my work mail and it recieves it instantly and exchange is always minutes behind. also, even though i have it set, my phone doesnt seem to vibrate when exchange recieves a message

Do you have another account set up with HTC mail? Is it possible vibrate is set for one, and not the one you are referring too?

Just throwing these out there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones