• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Exchange ActiveSync SSL Problem

I'm trying to get my HTC Desire syncing email with my company's Exchange 2007 server, but I'm getting an "Error when doing SSL" error when I hit the "Sync now" button under "Accounts & sync". My searches on the forums seem to suggest that this issue usually arises when you use a self-signed SSL certificate, but my company uses a certificate signed by Comodo, so I would have thought that would be fine. Workmates using iPhones don't have any problems connecting to Exchange, so I'm left scratching my head as to why I'm having this problem.

It's also a little weird because, when I enter my username, password, server name, etc. it seems to update my mail alright the first time, but then comes up with this error every check after that, and always fails to sync my calendar and contacts.

Can someone shed some light on what's happening? Do Android 2.1 phones not come with the root certificate for Comodo or something? What should I check to diagnose this issue?

I don't know where to check the certs installed on the desire as I haven't needed to yet but what happens if you browse to your exchange server's Outlook Web Access page?

If you get a certificate warning there then I reckon you'll need to install the cert manually on your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones