• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Exchange mytouch 1.0v for 1.2v?

aldaris

Mar 8, 2010
I got the Tmobile mytouch 3g when it came out, the very day it came out, and of course I love it, it's a little sluggish at times, but not so terrible, I never rooted it, didnt do anything to it, don't really know why, because when I had the t-mobile wing(even tho it had edge) I rooted it, and did a lot of mods to it, anyway, to my point, I saw a new version of the mytouch 3g came out , one with more ram, I dont really care about the software or the 3.5mm jack.

I mostly care about the ram upgrade, because just a few days ago, I decided I want to root my phone and get the most of it, but, as you see, this phone was a watered down version of the Magic, and even tho I like the fact that T-mobile listens to their customers and stuff, it's still bugging me that they sold me a worse version of the same phone for 230$++

So I was wondering, if there is any way to exchange the 1.0v for the 1.2v like calling them up or something? Asking them to send a replacement? I don't wanna tell them it's broken and see if they sent me a 1.2v replacement, tmobile has been good to me for the 4 years Ive had it, I dont think i wanna screw them over, but are there options really? I would like to know, sorry about the brick of text, and one more thing, does it really make a difference? (I would think yes, towards rooting because you got more ram to work with, and with the phone itself, because that ram is what the phone needs so much)

you will have to pay something to get the new phone... I have been told from a rep Full price!

I just rooted to the super d rom and OMG big difference. I was running my phone next to a buddy at work who has the v1.2 amd my rooted super d was killing his. LMFAO...

I say root, save the headache and enjoy the speed of the D

Hey,

I am a newbie with Androids. Before doing any mods to my phone I looked around and saw that many people were having problems with dev roms, such as wifi not working, or text not working. Do you have anything of that sort with Super D? What rooting procedure did you follow?

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Hey,

I am a newbie with Androids. Before doing any mods to my phone I looked around and saw that many people were having problems with dev roms, such as wifi not working, or text not working. Do you have anything of that sort with Super D? What rooting procedure did you follow?

Thanks in advance
I also got super d in mine, but the wesgarner version with a different kernel that runs a little faster, a user here helped me out but its basically following this

Full Update Guide - MT3G/Magic Firmware to CyanogenMod - CyanogenMod Wiki

It's pretty self explainatory if you want to add me on gtalk joseberrioramirez ill help you as much as i can, if we cant resolve it together we'll ask jordan who was who helped me out in the first place, and i'm not having ANY problems running this rom, it's just so fast, its incredible, today i realized how fast it was compared to a regular mytouch, my friend had his mytouch 1.0 out and i told him to let me take a look at it, and the speed difference just blew me away. its truly worth it.

Upvote 0
Hey,

Thanks in advance

Do you have an old Mytouch, or the newer v1.2 Mytouch?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones