• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

exchange server 2007 - cannot get attachments - fetches forever

jason_jm

Lurker
Nov 6, 2009
hey all got a droid, sync'd to exchange in 3 minutes despite never haven seen a droid before

contacts, calendar and email (inbox and sent items) work flawlessly

but I cannot open any type of attachment, because it cannot fetch them

just sits there forever "fetching"

any ideas?

I had a similar problem with the Droid and Exchange server 2003. It seemed to have something to do with the server having a self-signed cert. And I've heard talk of problems with the Droid reporting how it is enforcing policies from the Exchange server. I'd try messing with the SSL settings.

Or in my case I went to "Exchange by Touchdown" on the Droid and that seemed to take care of my issues with the benefit of having access to my tasks and notes from the exchange server.

Upvote 0
Mine now works, though I am hitting the exchange server via a web address (e.g. email.xxxxxx.com) like I am using our web interface, providing my username & password and not checking either of the SSL options in the setup... Now I can fetch attachments without a problem. The downfall now seems to be that I cannot accept meeting invites (though I couldn't with the SSL either).

Upvote 0
I got my droid yesterday & noticed the problem immediately. I too have my exchange server set with a self signed certificate. Unchecking SSL was not an option for me, so I started searching. Everyone had suggested a third party app, but didn't want to go that way.

The solution is to either wait until Friday (or when your phone tells you there's an update), or manually update to 2.0.1 (instructions here)

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/25148-forced-2-0-1-droid-update-howto.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones