Exchange sync problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. motom

motom New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm wondering if anyone else is having problems syncing with Exchange 2007 (via wifi)? I connect with our exchange server and can send e-mails, but the contacts/email/calendar sync result in a "Exchange sync error: Sync protocol error".

I noticed people were having problems with Exchange 2003 and SSL, but we do not have ssl turned on at the moment.

If anyone has a clue how to solve this please chime in :)

Advertisement
  2. motom

bump

No one have the same problem?

3. Andronix

Andronix Well-Known Member

4. motom

I'm using the built-in android client. I have tried 3rd party programs like TouchDown but I'd rather use the exchange account that now is built into android for my contacts and email.

5. e-clecticism

e-clecticism New Member

I am having the exact same error. Again the sending of email is OK but cannot sync. I am also using Exchange 2007 with SSL over wireless. This is on a HTC Hero if that helps.

Anyone any ideas?

6. JordanTheTelusGuy

JordanTheTelusGuy Member

I am having the same issue but only with contacts via wifi. I have a Hero thats not activated yet with a sim so I decided to go ahead and use the wifi to set it up. I get maybe 7 contacts sync'd and then I get the sync error.

A question to you others, does the sync work fine when on the providers network?

7. josephlucas

josephlucas New Member

I'm getting the same sync error on an HTC EVO. It syncs Contacts and Calendar fine but on E-Mails it gives the Sync Protocol Error. I have two EVOs in house along with an HTC Hero, all using 2.1 sense UI's built in exchange sync. Only one of the EVOs is having the problem. Also have WM6.1, iPhone, and Palm Pre devices all syncing just fine. Running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003 Server, no SSL. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

8. ckc1628

ckc1628 New Member

Had a sync error today on HTC Incredible - messed up an appt in calendar somehow. Kept getting the sync error. Decided to just delete my exchange acct on device and then add it back. Not the best fix, but certainly the fastest for me.

9. grimloch

grimloch Well-Known Member

Anyone ever find a fix for this? I'm having the same problem on my Evo... Mail is not syncing to exchange, though calendar and contacts work fine. I have verified that my settings are correct.

10. mmichaels1970

mmichaels1970 New Member

"Sync Protocol Error"....There is no fix and no official acknowledgement of this issue that I can find. Every couple of weeks, I have to blow away the profile of the owner of my company because of this issue.

The only answer remains to be purchasinng "touchdown". Why doesn't HTC or VZW purchase touchdown for us since their native app is broken?

11. Dotwhat

Dotwhat New Member

Try changing your "resolve conflict" settings on the phone from "Replace items on Phone" to "Keep Items on Phone" This should eliminate the error. This is found in the Account Settings inside Exchange ActiveSync. Good luck...

12. MG12

MG12 New Member

If you turn the suck knob all the way up to 10, this options seems to work: remove the email account and then add it back in.

Cheers!

13. mgerity

mgerity Member

Hi. I found a work around for this problem, which I posted over here in this thread:

http://androidforums.com/incredible...ivesync-mail-protocol-errors.html#post2562871

This is a far, far less painful work around than deleting and re-adding the Exchange account from the phone, so you don't have to "turn the suck knob all the way up to 10," only about 2 or 3. ;o)

As for the suggestion to change your conflict resolution settings, that may well work, at least in cases where this is being caused by a conflict. In my case, it was being caused by running out of storage on the internal memory, but the problem didn't go away when I fixed that issue (until I did this work around).

14. dvansche

dvansche New Member

Out of all of the posts, this one was the most helpful. I deleted account and re-set it up and now I'm back in business. Not a "good" solution, but it works.

15. belikethat254

belikethat254 New Member

I had a similar situation. i checked all fields and they were correct tried to sync and got the sync protocol error. after a few minutes and no new emails i removed the account and added back on. after that it started syncing correctly.