• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Exchange sync problem

motom

Lurker
Aug 31, 2009
I'm wondering if anyone else is having problems syncing with Exchange 2007 (via wifi)? I connect with our exchange server and can send e-mails, but the contacts/email/calendar sync result in a "Exchange sync error: Sync protocol error".

I noticed people were having problems with Exchange 2003 and SSL, but we do not have ssl turned on at the moment.

If anyone has a clue how to solve this please chime in :)

I'm getting the same sync error on an HTC EVO. It syncs Contacts and Calendar fine but on E-Mails it gives the Sync Protocol Error. I have two EVOs in house along with an HTC Hero, all using 2.1 sense UI's built in exchange sync. Only one of the EVOs is having the problem. Also have WM6.1, iPhone, and Palm Pre devices all syncing just fine. Running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003 Server, no SSL. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Upvote 0
"Sync Protocol Error"....There is no fix and no official acknowledgement of this issue that I can find. Every couple of weeks, I have to blow away the profile of the owner of my company because of this issue.

The only answer remains to be purchasinng "touchdown". Why doesn't HTC or VZW purchase touchdown for us since their native app is broken?

Upvote 0
Hi. I found a work around for this problem, which I posted over here in this thread:

http://androidforums.com/incredible...ivesync-mail-protocol-errors.html#post2562871

This is a far, far less painful work around than deleting and re-adding the Exchange account from the phone, so you don't have to "turn the suck knob all the way up to 10," only about 2 or 3. ;o)

As for the suggestion to change your conflict resolution settings, that may well work, at least in cases where this is being caused by a conflict. In my case, it was being caused by running out of storage on the internal memory, but the problem didn't go away when I fixed that issue (until I did this work around).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones