• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

External HD

blackops

Mar 10, 2010
Looking for an External Hard Drive. Am considering a Terabyte or more, 1TB+.

Prefer Western Digital, Seagate, Iomega, Lacie, etc

Will consider other brands like Micronet's Fantom, etc

Please PM or Post asking price/pics/condition/shipping

Also considering just getting the hard drive.

IDK what your price range is, but I bought a Western Digital "Elements" External 2.5TB HDD for 129... God help me I cannot figure out where I bought that sucker. Every one of them I see online are 180+ tax! Come to think of it I think it was an in-store sale at CompUSA (Tiger Direct)

lol and guess what... it was for Editing Videos from COD: BLACKOPS lol

It is big, bulky, and uses an external power supply (110v plugin). Not anything you would want to carry from place to place. I leave it next to my Happauge and it never moves.

Having said that: are you looking for mobility? Because the single USB wire external HDD's are pretty awesome from Western Digital. Mine is 2 years old and still kickin strong. With hundreds of movies, thousands of songs, and several Operating System .iso's loaded on it.

Upvote 0
portablilty is second to size(HD) and functions/extras(firewire,estata).

Yea that WD elements looks good, to bad I couldn't get in on that deal.
And the worst part is that the prices are so inflated after flooding.

I would also look for a cheaper hard drive and make my own external

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones