• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Extreme Cold Cracked LCD...

dirtygoat

Lurker
Feb 21, 2012
Hello everyone... My name's Luey, I'm new to this forum, but thought this info should be posted...

I got a new Strat back in November... Haven't had any issues with it and for the most part was pretty happy with it... This last Sunday I went up to Mt Rainier with a large group of friends so our kids could play in the snow... I reached in my pocket to pull out my phone for pics, when I turned it on the screen was cracked... There were several other people using thier phones(iphones, htc, driod, to name a few) nobody else had an issue...

Yesterday morning I got on the google fu and to my surprise, this is an issue that a lot of people have had with this phone... There is a bit of discusion on the Verizon site as well...

I talked to Verizon and went to the corp store close to me, I was told it was damaged under extreme weather conditions and it is not covered... My Strat is in like new condition and is always babied... The crack is under the glass screen and only damaged the LCD...

I ended up getting the Razr under a upgrade we have on our account... Shoulda just stayed with Motorola in the first place(have 2 others)... Oh well, live and learn...

Here's a pic... Yep taken from my new Razr...

Sorry for all the finger smudges...

Attachments

• 423414_289643294435539_100001696113317_719972_1298081036_n.jpg
    423414_289643294435539_100001696113317_719972_1298081036_n.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 0
im not doubting that is what they said, im just saying that its unlikely considering material properties, that it was used in conditions cold enough to crack the screen.

I agree, it wasn't nearly cold enough... I just felt the info should be out there for the masses to make their own decision...

I feel that Verizon is just trying to avoid a shit storm along with Samsung... It has nothing to do with the cold in my opinion, I think they put out a bunch of the strats that are defective... I understand that there are a lot of people that haven't had or ever will have an issue with the strat, but for mine and others to fail in this manner with no damage and never dropped is due to faulty/defective equipment... Both companies should stand behind their product...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones