Facebook and 2.1 update...

Last Updated:

1. jeepinweezle

jeepinweezle Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone figured out this problem with facebook not linking photos with contacts? This is annoying...thought this was supposed to be an update not a downgrade

Advertisement
  2. sleepyEDB

sleepyEDB Well-Known Member

I too am now having this problem after recently discovering that my Gmail contacts had stopped syncing.

I backed up my contacts to my SD card and then went into Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Contacts Storage and clicked the 'Clear Data' button. After this, my Gmail contacts re-synced, but now they will not link up with Facebook. When I select a contact in the People app and tell it to link with a Facebook profile, it searches and says 'no matches found'.

I have tried unchecking the 'sync contacts' button under the Facebook section of the Accounts & Sync menu, as well as deleting & re-adding my Facebook account but to no avail. Oddly enough, I am able to view all the photo albums of my Facebook friends under the Photos app.

EDIT: As I was posting this, the Facebook pictures for all my contacts decided to link themselves and now show up as they did before. Typical. :rolleyes:

sleepy

3. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

Mine actually link to my phone, but sometimes it just takes a few tries...

4. huffman6977

huffman6977 Well-Known Member

i can't get the facebook account to work. the facebook for htc works but is not updating. i added friends that have phone numbers attached to there profile and will not sync to my phone. what is the difference between the 2 accounts?