• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook and 2.1 update...

I too am now having this problem after recently discovering that my Gmail contacts had stopped syncing.

I backed up my contacts to my SD card and then went into Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Contacts Storage and clicked the 'Clear Data' button. After this, my Gmail contacts re-synced, but now they will not link up with Facebook. When I select a contact in the People app and tell it to link with a Facebook profile, it searches and says 'no matches found'.

I have tried unchecking the 'sync contacts' button under the Facebook section of the Accounts & Sync menu, as well as deleting & re-adding my Facebook account but to no avail. Oddly enough, I am able to view all the photo albums of my Facebook friends under the Photos app.

EDIT: As I was posting this, the Facebook pictures for all my contacts decided to link themselves and now show up as they did before. Typical. :rolleyes:

sleepy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones