• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook contacts sync question

gloriousnumber1

Android Expert
Aug 22, 2010
Portland, Oregon
How come if I sync my facebook contacts to my phone, I can't get to them trough GO SMS Pro like regular contacts? I don't see the point to sync any, much less all of them if I can't access them through third party apps.

If I did figure this out, is there any way without rooting to have two ENTIRELY SEPARATE contact lists (NOT GROUPS) so I wouldn't have to have so many doubles? Also, if I were to depend on someone's phone number to be accessible through facebook contacts synced to my phone (because I didn't manually add them to contacts) and they were to delete their number off facebook, how could I keep it?

Maybe this sounds boringly simple to many of you, but this kind of stuff has never made sense to me.

I usually just manually save everything, and always sync to google when I add anything so I never worry about losing anything.

I just want the best of both worlds (no hannah montana needed), is that too much to ask?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones