• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook input needed

trophynuts

Extreme Android User
Jul 6, 2010
SouthEastern US
What are most of you using to interact with Facebook from your DroidX.

i came from a bb bold 9650 and the FB integration was average, the app for the DroidX to me seems to be a little worse. Mainly with the time in which notifications are sent, or sent at all, the update to the news feed, and on my BB i could upload a pic straight to FB and select what album to upload it too. It seems on Android all you can do is send them all to "mobile album"

To make it even worse i find that the widgets both Moto's and Android's are just as krappy.

What are your guys opinions? Do you just use the mobile site in the browser?

I've switched to just using the Facebook for Android app. It lets me do most things I'm interested in (seeing other's status, posting my own status, commenting to other's status). If I want to upload photos to FB I just do it from the gallery. Simple.

Before I was using touch.facebook.com which works fine too but is slower to bring up if using Dolphin HD compared to the stock browser.

Upvote 0
touch.facebook.com but it doesn't do some things very well. For instance, if you go to Notifications and see that somebody commented on a photo, if you click on the notification it will take you to the photo but 90% of the time you can't get to the comments. Very rarely there's a comments icon in the upper right that appears.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones