• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook Messenger SMS ringtone wont change

I've been using Messenger as my default messaging app for sms and messenger messages with having messenger as a sperate ringtone from the sms message. Recently since android oreo came out the ringtone for both messenger and sms messages in messenger have been the same ringtone as before i had them set s a different tone. In my messenger settings it has still has the different tones set but both notifications are coming in as the same ringtone. So annoying. I've updated to android pie this morning and nothing new has changed. Ive forced stopped and uninstalled the app but nothing seems to work to have the seperate ringtones for messenger and sms in the same app. I've had to switch back to my regular messages app to have seperate ringtones. If anyone can help me i would apperciate it greatly. I just liked having all my messages in one place. Im also using Samsung Note 8

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190411-105820_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20190411-105820_Messenger.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 294
  • Screenshot_20190411-105800_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20190411-105800_Messenger.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 318

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones