• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Is there any other way on the X to sync FB's pictures without it syncing the other junk like their phone numbers? I've tried Syncmypix but the quality of the pictures are kinda crappy.

thanks

just a question, when you use Syncmypix, does it override their names to change it to their fb names and does it override the contact's picture id that you originally assigned them from your phone?

Upvote 0
it just grabs all your FB friend's pictures and tries its best to match them with the contacts on your phone and if it doesn't match correctly you can manually go in and switch them out

I did the best I could getting all of my contacts in GMAIL using the same format. In particular the phone numbers were (xxx) xxx-xxxx. This was done in preparation of getting two DINCs. Hah. Due to the well known delays I now have two DX phones.

Anyways the intent was to use GMAIL (imap) only. Surprise!!!

I have contacts from GMAIL. FB and VZN. Kinda merged together. The big pain is the phone numbers. Each has a different standard and so I have some contacts with up to 3 links. Will take my time and clean things up as I am quite OCD about these things.

Not a biggy. Gives me something to do... like I don't have enough learning the DX.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones