• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Factory Reset Did Not Uninstall ICS

mnapolita

Lurker
Oct 26, 2012
Hi guys. So I own a Samsung Galaxy S II and months ago did the switch to Ice Cream Sandwich. I hated it since I got it and finally had enough. Read up on the subject and it said a factory reset should clear it up. I backed everything up and did the reset and it is still on ICS. Any help?

Hi mnapolita... :)

Welcome aboard. Unfortunately, doing a reset of the device won't revert the Android version to the previous one.

I too was hating on having ICS on my device, but after playing around with it for sometime, I found out that it was way more cooler than the Gingerbread version.

Give it some time... Stop by your device's area of support for some cool tips and information on your device and its Android version.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones