• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help factory reset not working

stache13

Lurker
Aug 6, 2018
My Motorola Droid Turbo (6.0.0) is running a little slow; since it is ~3.5 years old, I tried to do a factory reset to wipe my phone clear. While it was erasing my data the phone froze I wasn't sure what to so I waited and after 20 minutes I held down the power button to hard reset the phone. When I turned back on my phone it worked just as before and all of my apps and downloads were still on my phone.

I've tried preforming a factory reset again, and it did the exact same thing. I tried starting it in safe mode, and it started up fine. But when I tried to factory reset the phone, it froze in the middle of erasing my data again, but didn't actually erase my data.

I tried to start my phone in recovery mode, by holding power and volume down. Then I selected "recovery" from the list and it shows a picture of an android guy laying on its back with the word "No Command". None of the buttons did anything, but after a few minutes the phone reset itself and it started up normally.

Right now my phone is working and all my data is intact. Does anyone have any idea how I can preform a factory reset on my phone?

Reactions: fraseralex066
KBU2 Thanks for the sending the video link. I didn't realize that it was supposed to show "no command" and that you had input a key sequence to see the commands.

Unfortunately in the video you attached, the narrator holds the power button and press volume up button to unlock the commands and this didn't work for me. Someone in the comments said that they held volume up and pressed power. Thankfully this worked for me, and I was able factory reset my phone.

Upvote 0
KBU2 Thanks for the sending the video link. I didn't realize that it was supposed to show "no command" and that you had input a key sequence to see the commands.

Unfortunately in the video you attached, the narrator holds the power button and press volume up button to unlock the commands and this didn't work for me. Someone in the comments said that they held volume up and pressed power. Thankfully this worked for me, and I was able factory reset my phone.

"Congratulations" I'm a firm believer in trial and error of being the best teacher

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones