• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Failed text messages

Mtbslacker

Feb 7, 2012
It comes and goes but I've been getting a lot of "failed" sent texts. Try to resend and most of the time it fails again. Reboot helps most about 75% of the time but that take FOREVER. Sometimes it also fails when I try to text another person after failed text to original (telling them to forward text). Some of my friends tell me they got like 3-4 of the same messages from me when i kept hitting "resend".......even though i got "failed" on my end. I use the stock text app and Whatsapp.....whatsapp doesnt have this issue. Havent tried Hancent yet. I'm running gingerbread from Kies ......was one of those who sat by the PC waiting for it to work and it finally did.

That's one of the known issues on Gingerbread UCKL2. It wasn't supposed to get out, it was a mistake. You're basically running an unfinished version of Gingerbread that Samsung pulled last minute and tried to prevent people from updating (however, people found holes in their system like resetting their Froyo to an earlier version to get Kies to recognize).

Either go back to stock Froyo or go to Gingerbread UCLB3 (the newest Gingerbread leak by Samsung). UCLB3 fixes the text issue, as well as a few other issues that were on UCKL2.

Reactions: Mtbslacker
Upvote 0
That's one of the known issues on Gingerbread UCKL2. It wasn't supposed to get out, it was a mistake. You're basically running an unfinished version of Gingerbread that Samsung pulled last minute and tried to prevent people from updating (however, people found holes in their system like resetting their Froyo to an earlier version to get Kies to recognize).

Either go back to stock Froyo or go to Gingerbread UCLB3 (the newest Gingerbread leak by Samsung). UCLB3 fixes the text issue, as well as a few other issues that were on UCKL2.
That's weird, because UCKL2 has been perfect for me with the NumasX rom, while Zeus with UCLB3 was a little problematic. I guess ymmv.

Edit: Things are lame here, and questions take a long time to get answered. Go to xda-developers and shed your diapers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones