• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Family locator app that doesn't kill my battery?

dorlow

Android Enthusiast
Jan 2, 2014
So, our family is using Life 360 so we can all see where we're all at. We like it but I'm sick of it constantly killing my battery. Life 360 when not moving it updates periodically. But, if you're on the move, it's updating real time.. I don't need real time updates. Every 5 minutes or so is more than enough. I was thinking too maybe an app that doesn't update the app location unless I send a request for the update that would be sent via text message. We use mm Guardian to monitor our kids phones and it has that feature but it's more geared for kids. It monitors everything you do on your phone.. I don't want to monitor my wife. Seems like there would be an app that does just the tracking piece.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones