• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Family plan question

jconnon

Nov 20, 2009
MA
I currently have 5 phones with T Mobile and I am looking to get 5 new phones all with data, one for me and the other four as gifts for my kids.
When I compare the cost for this I figure Sprint would cost about $190 a month and they have phones that I am interested in. I was considering Droid and the Eris initially but the cost from Verizon would run me about $300 a month. I thought for sure T Mobile would be cheaper but when I add the data for the phones it would run me about $300 a month as well. Am I figureing this right? 5 lines, unlimited data and texting and 1500 min.
I like T Mobile even though my service has never been great but I think the Sprint would cost me a lot less.

I currently have 5 phones with T Mobile and I am looking to get 5 new phones all with data, one for me and the other four as gifts for my kids.
When I compare the cost for this I figure Sprint would cost about $190 a month and they have phones that I am interested in. I was considering Droid and the Eris initially but the cost from Verizon would run me about $300 a month. I thought for sure T Mobile would be cheaper but when I add the data for the phones it would run me about $300 a month as well. Am I figureing this right? 5 lines, unlimited data and texting and 1500 min.
I like T Mobile even though my service has never been great but I think the Sprint would cost me a lot less.

Wonder if you got a quote from TMobile Service Center...

I saw they had this new $49.99 plan (unlimited) dont know all the details ... but worth checking out ../

The calling at $50, and data at $35 is $85 x 5 = <$450 not including taxes and other stuff

Upvote 0
not sure the data charge is per phone - i could be wrong here, but i've got two phones, under the family plan, no contract (as described in another post titled "Customer retention plan")

on my bill, i'm only paying one data access charge and it's $25, and i'm unlimited, both voice and data, for 2 phones

review my other post, give tmobile a call, and splain to them what you'd like but you have to be careful with your money - what can they do

suspect, in this economy, they'll "find" another unpublicisized promotional offer

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones