• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fascinate vs. Incredible

Droid Incredible vs. Fascinate?

• Droid Incredible

Votes: 144 77.0%
  • Fascinate

Votes: 43 23.0%

• Total voters
My first Samsung smartphone was the i600 on WM 2002. It had a horrible speaker for music and speaker phone calls. The screen was impossible to read outside.

My second Samsung smartphone was the i770 Saga on WM 6. It had a horrible speaker for music and speaker phone calls. The screen was impossible to read outside.

Actually I'm using that now because my incredible overheated itself into a constant reboot cycle. The Inc did last longer than my HTC Touch which was a really bad phone. Kept that a week.

Waiting on the X instead. Both Moto Q's I've had were solid so I'll try that. Luckily I have a whole drawer of back up phones I can activate in between! LOL

Upvote 0
So Bing is the breaking point for many?
On my sammy Omnia I used google.
Dinc of course google.
I don't use IE.
FireFox FTW !
Homepage google classic (with foggy forest background),just for loading , then on to igoogle.
But I really don't have anything against Bing.
From the few articles I have read , it seems to be an OK search .
But I "like" google, search, advanced search, gmail etc.

any one care to comment on why Bing would be a negative on the Fascinate?

Upvote 0
So Bing is the breaking point for many?
On my sammy Omnia I used google.
Dinc of course google.
I don't use IE.
FireFox FTW !
Homepage google classic (with foggy forest background),just for loading , then on to igoogle.
But I really don't have anything against Bing.
From the few articles I have read , it seems to be an OK search .
But I "like" google, search, advanced search, gmail etc.

any one care to comment on why Bing would be a negative on the Fascinate?

I just this MS makes things clumsy looking most times... I use chrome, never like I-Google but Google is by far the superior search engine...

We shall have to see, but from what I've seen in video's and reviews Bing looks wrong IMO of course :-0

Reactions: waynester
Upvote 0
The Samsung Omnia was an awesome phone, and the Fascinate does look nice, nice spec, nice looking, and great camera details, like panorama, face detection, and burst just like on omnia, BUT BUT BUT
loved my omnia, was first smart phone. honestly though without people like necosino, bgill55, Adrynalyne, lioryte, and rob storm(the very best chef's winmo had to offer). i wouldn't have any good things to say about the omnia. just saying

Agreed Samsung have defo got the screen technology of the future, BUT they can't get enough of them out... So until they do its kinda useless to most people.

The Super AMOLED screen is beautiful, but TBH the regular AMOLED on the Dinc is just as nice :)
O they have plenty of screens, they are just keeping them for THEIR phones and saying screw everbody else, so double f*ck them
My 2 cents

Upvote 0
loved my omnia, was first smart phone. honestly though without people like necosino, bgill55, Adrynalyne, lioryte, and rob storm(the very best chef's winmo had to offer). i wouldn't have any good things to say about the omnia. just saying

Agreed I used most of Adrynalines ROM and defo made the Omnia more bearable

O they have plenty of screens, they are just keeping them for THEIR phones and saying screw everbody else, so double f*ck them
My 2 cents

iSuppli: OLED panel shortage a concern for Android smartphone makers -- Engadget

As you can see, it doesn't get much better over the next 2 years, but LG might start getting involved again so we shall see...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Im a Inc fanboy all the way. I think the Droid X is gimmicky, cheap looking, and junk. I love HTC sense!!!! I am currently on pre order for the Inc, waiting patiently. Now if my Inc ships the first of August. And the Fascinate is released mid-August with nice reviews. I may have to consider Selling my Inc when I get it and getting the Fascinate. This thing looks really sweet. Anyone else already pondering these thoughts?

I figure that 3 months after I got the phone I could probably still get it with a SAMOLED screen. Whereas the Incredible is not the same way. If I ever lose, break, or damage my Incredible in any way, I won't get the same phone back. I won't be getting what I paid for back, is what I am saying. Samsung won't have this issue.

The phones are similar enough that performance difference is going to be minimal for the most part. With the eventual inclusion of 2.2 into this it probably won't even matter. I love the Sense UI, but I don't want to be scared to even use my phone because I don't want to risk breaking it and losing my gorgeous screen forever.

Upvote 0
I think he was re the reason of Dinc shortage, sammy IS the amoled screen maker.
They are apparently keeping all their screens for the various galaxies.
So if you want an amoled looks like sammy is the only game in town for now

I agree with that.

Also, I think that root will and custom ROMs (on both Incredible and Fascinate) will leave the phones either dead even or the Samsung a bit ahead (screen tech, camera, battery life with hummingbird). But we don't know how hard root is to achieve on the Samsung and how far past official product release that will come for users.

I'd love the Fascinate BUT one thing I hate is the 2 GB internal memory; I wish they put in at least 8 GB.

Also, not a fan of Bing or M$ services. Huge step backward.

Upvote 0
I agree with that.

Also, I think that root will and custom ROMs (on both Incredible and Fascinate) will leave the phones either dead even or the Samsung a bit ahead (screen tech, camera, battery life with hummingbird). But we don't know how hard root is to achieve on the Samsung and how far past official product release that will come for users.

I'd love the Fascinate BUT one thing I hate is the 2 GB internal memory; I wish they put in at least 8 GB.

Also, not a fan of Bing or M$ services. Huge step backward.

I know atleast one of the Galaxy S phones has been rooted for a couple weeks (still hasn't been released yet). I know from my previous phone (the Behold II, piece of crap) they only OTA we got for 6 months was mainly to close a root vulnerability. Fortunately almost nobody actually GOT the thing :)

And it depends on how much 3D graphics you use. If game performance is important to you, the Samsung (rooted and vanillized) will be FAR better based on the benchmarks I've seen. Everything else, performance wise, is really about the same.

Upvote 0
the samsung facinate(and its sibling phone with the ffc) is the only android phone other than the nexus one on any carrier i would trade my droid inc for. The Evo 4g is too bulky and i don't want to pay extra for 4g or mobile hotspots. There really is nothing special about the droid x vs the droid inc. both the evo and droid x are too big, especially the evo.

Upvote 0
I don't know about anyone else, but as far as I'm concerned, the 3.7" screen of the Incredible is the largest I want to go. The EVO, X, and Fascinate are just too big, and I won't even consider them. Kind of like the difference between a 14.1" laptop, and a 15.4". The 14.1" is the largest I want to go, it's just on the breaking line, anything above it is just too awkward.

Doc

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones