• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FAVI Smartstick now on sale and shipping!!

chrlswltrs

Extreme Android User
Nov 12, 2009
Seattle
Meet the SmartStick

I just ordered mine, $50 for a 4GB one.

Android 4.1 on a stick that plugs into any HDMI port on a TV. Pretty cheap way to upgrade my TV. I'm really looking forward to being able to rent movies on Play and watch them on my TV now, prices are bett than the same movie from Comcast. Plus I can get all my other apps on my TV if I want them :D

Anyone else getting one?

Reactions: ocnbrze and eyebeam
Meet the SmartStick

I just ordered mine, $50 for a 4GB one.

Android 4.1 on a stick that plugs into any HDMI port on a TV. Pretty cheap way to upgrade my TV. I'm really looking forward to being able to rent movies on Play and watch them on my TV now, prices are bett than the same movie from Comcast. Plus I can get all my other apps on my TV if I want them :D

Anyone else getting one?

i just saw this on engadget. let us know how you like it. i'm really interested in it.

Upvote 0
i just saw this on engadget. let us know how you like it. i'm really interested in it.

That's where I saw it also, and had it ordered 10 minutes later :D

Of course I'll be posting reviews and opinions and answering questions once I get it, the same as I did with the Nexus 4.

Oh, and I didn't even notice until I looked at the specs after I ordered it that it has expandable memory via SD card up to 32GB. Now I'm really glad I got the 4GB for $50 instead of the 8GB for $80. :thumb:

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
So far my experience has not been good :(

Last Wednesday I ordered the Smartstick, later that night I received 2 confirmation emails with 2 different confirmation numbers :eek:

I replied to one of the emails (confirmation email came from the same email listed on their website for customer support) before I went to bed (around 1am Thursday morning). Friday morning I got a reply back saying I had ordered 2 of them, but they would look into it on Monday.

Monday I got an email saying they had already processed both orders and were awaiting payment from PayPal. I checked my PayPal account and nothing showed there. I was told that because the orders had already been processed they couldn't cancel the order, but about an hour later I got another email saying they canceled both orders :banghead:

Nothing has ever showed up on PayPal, I haven't received any more emails or any official cancelation emails, nothing. I'm probably going to just wait a couple weeks until after the holidays and then try again. :(

Reactions: eyebeam
Upvote 0
So far my experience has not been good :(

Last Wednesday I ordered the Smartstick, later that night I received 2 confirmation emails with 2 different confirmation numbers :eek:

I replied to one of the emails (confirmation email came from the same email listed on their website for customer support) before I went to bed (around 1am Thursday morning). Friday morning I got a reply back saying I had ordered 2 of them, but they would look into it on Monday.

Monday I got an email saying they had already processed both orders and were awaiting payment from PayPal. I checked my PayPal account and nothing showed there. I was told that because the orders had already been processed they couldn't cancel the order, but about an hour later I got another email saying they canceled both orders :banghead:

Nothing has ever showed up on PayPal, I haven't received any more emails or any official cancelation emails, nothing. I'm probably going to just wait a couple weeks until after the holidays and then try again. :(

Wow that is very strange and really stinks, as i am pretty interested in this product as well. I might look into getting it for my parents :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones