• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite apps for HUAWEI ASCEND users!

What's your favorite App from the Market? Also, it would be nice to tell us why! :)

• Total voters
well the thing with that is even tho your apps will move to sd card some portion on the install app will still remain on the phone, but the really big differents moving the delvik, but before moving the delvik to sd card a class 4 or higher is recommended, reason for that is you will have faster read/write time and even if you install a sd booster your speed will double with read/write time, but if you have just a regular sd card and you move the delvik you will notice a big drop in speed... But go on ebay they sell them for $12 or so depending on the class and size, or if your close by a fry's electronic store, they sell them there dirt cheap, i have got a class 10 from there for $9 on sell they have sells there everyday... frys.com

thanks for that information, so in conclusion, i cant move all the apps except launcherpro to the sd? and well i would get that sd card but i just brought one but i would get it though, but i didnt notice a decrease in my speed when i moved it

Upvote 0
thanks for that information, so in conclusion, i cant move all the apps except launcherpro to the sd? and well i would get that sd card but i just brought one but i would get it though, but i didnt notice a decrease in my speed when i moved it

but before you buy another card just test it for a few days after you move the delvik to sdcard and see if theres any issues, also for whatever reason dont take out the sd card while the phone is on, first move delvik back to the phone...

Upvote 0
I Am wanting to see what everyones best apps they use to make there CM6 or CM7 run better and look Better Feel free to post yours so everyone make theres as good and yours

i'm not going to post all but heres are some of my favorites,
1.DT's A2SD!!!!!!!!!!!! (not really a app but really helps performance)
2.SD speed increase (if you use DT A2sd method, this is smart app to get so it can be even faster)
3.cache mate (you should get this, really clears up the system)
4.Tit BU (deleting useless thing you dont use or need)
5.cpu master (overclocking)
6.Go laucnher EX (love the way it looks, and feels)
7.Launcher PRO (same goes with this)
8.Auto memory Manager (to keep internal high memory, so it cant lag as much)

Upvote 0
Look it up in the market. It lets you connect your phone to your computer as though you used a usb cable, except through a wireless connection. Only I'm not clear if it's WiFi, bluetooth, or both.
Wifi, but its only to use adb with it. To access your sdcard like with a usb cable you need to use something like wifi explorer.

Reactions: Scur
Upvote 0
I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I can't find an answer.
I've had my Ascend for about 3 weeks now & the weather clock time has NEVER been right. It's also an hour or 2 ahead of the real time. My phone's time is correct. The option to change the timezone is stuck on "Get from network".
Can someone please help me?

Upvote 0
I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I can't find an answer.
I've had my Ascend for about 3 weeks now & the weather clock time has NEVER been right. It's also an hour or 2 ahead of the real time. My phone's time is correct. The option to change the timezone is stuck on "Get from network".
Can someone please help me?

1) Put phone in 'AIRPLANE MODE'

2) Go to SETTINGS > DATE&TIME & make the necessary changes.

3) Take phone out of 'AIRPLANE MODE'

Upvote 0
I'm not trying to correct the PHONE'S time, just the weather clock time!
& that wouldn't work because the widget has to have an internet connection to be accesed.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Can you access the app/widget in the applications section & clear the data & then reboot to see if that will clear it up.
Again, my apologies,it's been a while since I've seen a stock ASCEND.If someone out there can help,please chime in! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones