• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FB MESSENGER,WATSAPP CAMERA AND VOICE RECORDING NOT WORKING

shinj

Lurker
Jun 23, 2015
I POSSESS LENOVO A680 ANDROID JELLY BEAN 4..2.2.
ITS has been four months i have bought my SMARTphone. Earlier, i used watsapp and FACEBOOK messenger sound recording and camera without any problem. but from past one month the camera and sound recording is not working inside the apps so i can't send a picture instantly. And also i cant send a voice message , I took the phone tO the lenovo service centre where they performed an upgrade but it still didnt seem to work.

the problem is that sound recording and camera are working outside this app as such but not working inside them. PLS HELP IT OUT I AM FED UP.....OF SENDING BIG SIZED PICS FROM MY GALLERY...ADDED TO THAT I CANT SEND VOICE MESSAGES.

Tried doing a factory reset?
first and foremost i did a factory reset than took to service center......
but there is a problem i think AFTER i run THE LENOVO SecureIT checkup THE CAMERA INSIDE THE WATSAPP AND MESSENGER STARTS RUNNING FOR SOME TIME(LESS THAN ONE HOUR) ....AND AGAIN IT STOPS.......AND AFTER THAT I THOUGHT TO INSTALL C CLEANER BUT STILL IT DIDNT HELP.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lenovo SecurIT is one of those supposed task killer optimizer type things isn't it? Which are basically snake oil. Which we don't recommend on this forum, because of the problems that these sorts of things can cause, and Whatsapp and FB are apparently having problems after you run it. Suggest you try disabling it, which would be better anyway.

Although another possible issue, Lenovo is a Chinese phone, there is no FB or Whatsapp in China, they might never have been tested for compatibility with this phone.

Reactions: shinj
Upvote 0
Lenovo SecurIT is one of those supposed task killer optimizer type things isn't it? Which are basically snake oil. Which we don't recommend on this forum, because of the problems that these sorts of things can cause, and Whatsapp and FB are apparently having problems after you run it. Suggest you try disabling it, which would be better anyway.

Although another possible issue, Lenovo is a Chinese phone, there is no FB or Whatsapp in China, they might never have been tested for compatibility with this phone.
Now thank u for luking into my problem i have found out the PROBLEM
THE PROBLEM IS THAT NO APP IS WORKING WHICH USES MEDIA DEVICE SUCH AS I CAN'T CAN'T DO WATSAP CALL MESSENGER CALL WATSAPP AND MESSENGER VOICE MESSAGE,LINE CALL ,LINE VIDEO CALL,talking TOM CAT NOT RUNNING ...etc .......hope u understand it technicaly. I.e watsapp is running g fine but we cant make calls but can receive calls ,same with messenger, cannot send pics directly...from messenger and watsapp but have to browse it from gallery...AND EVERY APP WHICH MAKES USE OF CAMERA AND VOICE RECORDING ....THE CAMERA and recording IS WORKING FINE OUTSIDE THE APP

Upvote 0
Hi, I have just bought a Leno Yoga tablet, and have same issue.... Camera and Mic not working inside the Facebook Messenger ... have you found a solution now?
Rmini actually..i took it to service center but thy were hopless..they did upgrde...but after that they changed my motherboard which helped a bit...but try running the lenovo security checkup....it will run..and i alwayz...run the checkup...so i have no problems...u can do the same it is shear software defect....so u can move to service center definitely and avail free benefitS..if the above said dosnt work...

Upvote 0
Hi, I have just bought a Leno Yoga tablet, and have same issue.... Camera and Mic not working inside the Facebook Messenger ... have you found a solution now?
U can run the checkup lenovo security checkup...Nd run the claeaner now and then....u may find the solution....its a shear case of software..defect which my service center coukd never understand..and they changed may motherboard...in my case..no feature of app was running which uses camera..and voice such as watsapp and talking tom cat...line call etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones