• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Few questions about applications

xsabrewulf

Sep 30, 2010
I am new to android... I do have a few questions.

I have a HTC desire 2.1

1. I have recently installed a lot of applications (mostly Swype and a lot of keyboard replacements) when I uninstall apps do they completely remove? or are there traces left behind i.e. Windows type registries

2. I want to upgrade to 2.2 when it's released in Oct. Should I uninstall all my apps before doing this? or do a factory restore?

hi there,

1. yes once uninstalled they are gone :)
2. I wouldnt go through the hassle of removing everything or doing a factory restore theres no need for it, unless you want to lose everything?

i'm not sure if it the update wipes your phone as most large updates do, though if you want to backup your apps on your phone so they can be reinstalled once the update is done should you need to, search for ASTRO on the market, its free and an easy way to backup.

That way should you need to restore your apps, you download ASTRO again(presuming all the apps have been wiped from your phone) and you can restore from there.

Upvote 0
i'm not sure if it the update wipes your phone as most large updates do, though if you want to backup your apps on your phone so they can be reinstalled once the update is done should you need to, search for ASTRO on the market, its free and an easy way to backup.

That way should you need to restore your apps, you download ASTRO again(presuming all the apps have been wiped from your phone) and you can restore from there.
I have Astro file manager, but see no way to backup and restore. Is there also an Astro backup app?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones