• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MBM7881

Jan 26, 2011
Fort Hood, TX
Hello all...just got my galaxy note 10.1 and I absolutely love it. I do have a few questions. First to those who use the Barnes & Noble Nook app I noticed that it saves my magazines and books on the device memory but if I move it to the SD card will I still be able to read them from there or do they have to be on the device memory? And my other question is about the SD card and device memory. Why can't I move files between the two like I can on my note 2 phone? It doesn't give me the option to (unless I'm missing something). It seems the only way I can is if I hook up my tablet to my computer and do it that way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re moving files around on the device: you probably need to install a File Manager as Google don't put one in the base Android O/S.

I use one called File Manager. Its a freebie and comes up near the top of the list if you search in play.

Of course Samsung has a file manager pre-installed!

My files it is called.

As for moving files to the SD Card. It is not that easy with app data. If an application allows that through its own settings, do it, if not, it will simply not work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones