• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fictional writing Q regarding App development

Deltorom

Lurker
Oct 7, 2015
Hey people,

so I'm currently writing a short film story for my major short film production in my 3rd year of university next year, and my story revolves around an app developer. I like realism and getting things right, so I thought what better place to ask then on such a forum as this.

So my protagonist is the main app developer creating the app, how it works, usability interface, design etc, and I want his friend & business partner to specialize in something relating to security coding and external app integration or the like, a separate type of coding and work to compliment the protagonists kind of work. There won't be any screens of code or anything like that seen in the film, I just need this information for the dialogue and exposition. Information regarding what the actual job titles these guys would be known as and the kind of work each of these roles would include would be great, including examples of what one would study to be educated enough to do this kind of designing themselves.

The fictional idea of the app is that it will eventually integrate all other apps so you don't have to have 15 different apps on your devices; it turns into a hub of sorts, and i dont mean just social media, but for banking, organising, government bureaucratic stuff and so on as well. For example, I'm aiming for similar functionality as the fictional Connexus technology from the film Appleseed Saga: Ex Machina.

All help is highly appreciated!
Thanks for your time.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones