• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

File Managers Comparison Sheet

I've been regularly updating this with new managers and their new features.

There is also a TinyURL for it now (http://tinyurl.com/DroidFM)

I'd appreciate the community's help in making/keeping this the definitive guide to file managers ... Feel free to contribute:

1) Significant file managers I might be missing
2) Issues with the existing information
3) Missing areas of classification/features that I may have left out
4) Notes or caveats I may have missed for a particular manager

Granted there are a few things that are understandably personal - like "tablet friendliness" - at some point I might end up taking out the non-objective stuff.

PERSONALLY - I use File Expert (sharing) and Xplore (everything else) as my own personal managers.

Thanks for reading/contributing!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Sorry, my bad, it's just called File Explorer, by Nextapp. Very nice UI, does just about everything you can think of, excellent developer and support. No ads in the free version, Plus add-on module is cheap.

Yeah man, I got it. I have to evaluate without add ons - which makes this a bit more complicated. I might have to expand how the list works because Astro has a lot of add ons too - free - but do you count those? Some file managers will stream if you have the right third party player.

All things to consider.

Do me a favor and double check the FX entry - make sure I didn't miss anything. Sometimes things are buried in the UI I don't see on the first pass.

Thanks again! Looks VERY capable!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones