• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Financial App?

jimbob1962

Lurker
Oct 14, 2014
I am looking for an app that acts like a paper checkbook register so I can input future checks and deposits. I would also like it to have the capability scan a cash register receipt and extract the data (date/name/amount) and automatically fill it in. Access via internet as well as multiple phones is a must.

I have tried Mint, ClearCheckBook and QuickBooks. None have the capabilities I am seeking.

Thanks for any help!

Have a look over in the Apps forum. EZ Money Manager was ok but expense but because of my intermittent use I want to be able to change the account balance and move on without having to sync past transactions, so I am looking around also. Looks like EZ is being replaced. After ready the reviews on that I am now looking at MoneyWiz. Have looked at PocketBook also which a lot of people like because it tries to categorise the transactions itself and can download statements from your bank when doing this. Keep looking around - it's a very personal choice.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
I swear by Adarian Money. Love it. I was a long time user of Microsoft Money and Quicken. It does not offer the scanning that you want to see but personally I would never let an app automatically populate my register anyway for fear that the OCR would not be perfect and I would be constantly chasing down minor math errors due to incorrect numbers.

Adarian Money does a wireless synchronization to a PC as well and I use that for backup.

Upvote 0
I am looking for an app that acts like a paper checkbook register so I can input future checks and deposits. I would also like it to have the capability scan a cash register receipt and extract the data (date/name/amount) and automatically fill it in. Access via internet as well as multiple phones is a must.

I have tried Mint, ClearCheckBook and QuickBooks. None have the capabilities I am seeking.

Thanks for any help!

You can try Expensify that eliminates a lot of the pain, tracking what you spend and letting you keep a photo log of your receipts (which are automatically scanned and input into your expense records).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones