• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Firmware OTA upgrade dated 7/3/12

bagnor

Lurker
Aug 10, 2012
I am new to android and I just got a Huawei Mercury and have added a lot of apps/settings etc. I saw that there is an OTA firmware upgrade dated 7/13/12 on the phone. 1)do i need this upgrade? bought the phone on 8/5/12 and current firmware is dated 3/16/12. 2) does the upgrade erase settings and apps and personalization?

While technically it shouldn't reset or erase anything, it's a good idea to use the all backup app that came with the phone just in case. As far s the update goes, general consensus is that it does improve the phone greatly, especially if you've had any issues with connectivity or random reboots. I personally had very few problems with my Merc but found that the update improved it greatly in regards to stability and memory management, so i say go for it.

Reactions: bagnor
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones