1. AutobahnSHO

AutobahnSHO Well-Known Member

In the USA, just got a new update, to ICS version 9.2.1.27

Advertisement
    :
    lunatic59 and El Presidente like this.
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Downloading and installing now, thanks for the heads up.
  3. question729

question729 Well-Known Member

Just got the notification 30 secs ago. Can anyone shed some light on this before I end up dealing with random reboots and freezes again?
  4. jeff g ives

jeff g ives Member

yep....think ill wait for a week or two first......
  5. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

Every ones so gun shy after ICS debacle. Over at XDA they are saying just a minor maintenance update. A few people are claiming speedy transitions and no problems with GMail or Chrome anymore. I installed it but haven't had time to test, ok play, with my TF yet.
  6. wilkster

wilkster Member

It didn't fix my Gmail crashing problem (OpenGlOutOfMemory errors)
  7. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

8. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

I haven't really had any problems since the last update. Every now and then a reboot when it's asleep, but it hasn't locked or looped.
  9. meemoo752

meemoo752 Active Member

OK, I did the update yesterday and suddenly having problems- freezes, mouse pad won't
    work when the keyboard is plugged in, the tablet itself won't charge without the keyboard, backspace key is acting odd. this thing is totally messed up!!! how do i uninstall this update? it sucks!!!
  10. s_special

s_special Well-Known Member

can anyone else confirm that the update is bad
  11. meemoo752

meemoo752 Active Member

So now I think I completely screwed up my TF101...since this update and all the problems I started having, I decided to do a complete factory reset. BAD IDEA!!! It has completely frozen with the little android man and his blue whatever you want to call it just sitting there on my screen.
    I am leaving for England on the 14th and wanted to take it with me....now it looks like a trip to Best Buy (where I bought it and have a service contract) is in order. All I can do is hope someone has answers and help before I leave!!
  12. helpifIcan

helpifIcan Well-Known Member

Worked fine but I also have not had any problems since the .24 update.
    Make sure you do a cold boot not a wipe.
    remove power
    hold vol dwn and power until you see white lettering top left
    release both and allow the TF to reboot, might help.
  13. meemoo752

meemoo752 Active Member

UPDATE:
    I just called Asus and spoke to a very nice person who helped me get my TF101 up and running again. I'm now in the process of setting it up after the factory reset. Fingers crossed any of the updates I need to do don't cause any problems...geesh!!
  14. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I don't like updating stuff that I know is already working for me. I've had some bad experiences with some apps where I updated it and it sucked afterwards. Since then, if my apps and devices are working well for me, I don't bother installing any updates unless it has something that I want or need.

By the way, does anyone know if this update fixes the issue of playing a Google Play movie on your TV via the HDMI cable?
  15. question729

Yeah, I was having the reboot problems and freezes and Google maps crashing out on me every time until I read somewhere to do that reboot with the volume button and stuff. Everything has been stable since I did that. Battery life seems normal like before the ICS update and I no longer get the random reboots and freezes. If it aint broke, don't fix it!
  16. meemoo752

meemoo752 Active Member

THE SAGA CONTINUES...
    Now that I have the tablet back up and running, I discovered that the keyboard/dock is totally messed up. It does not work- no typing, charging or anything else. I called Asus support back, told them what was going on. After giving them my info (thank goodness I have enough brains to register stuff like this) they confirmed that it is still under warranty and gave me an RMA number with instructions to return it to them for repair or replacement. Although I'm bummed that I won't be able to take the dock with me to Europe and use the battery part of it (which is why I wanted to take it in the first place), at least I have what I absolutely need. The Asus guy was very nice and eager to help me out. Thanks Asus!!
  17. Stuntman

I'm refusing to install this update as I can see nothing wrong with my Transformer. It's annoying having the update keep popping up.
  18. s_special

s_special Well-Known Member

I installed it, hasn't noticed any issues
  19. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

If anything, mine feels a little more stable. No reboots since installing.

It's certainly a little snappier too.
  20. Stuntman

I finally broke down from all the pestering my tablet was doing and installed it. No immediate issues to report.
  21. mrhavik

mrhavik New Member

trying to install the update but i keep getting an error after it restarts that says invalid signature and it aborts the installation. is it because i'm rooted?
  22. AutobahnSHO

YES. You wanna root you have to learn how to do the updates yourself..
  23. mrhavik

mrhavik New Member

hmmm... can anyone point me in the direction of someone who figured it out?
  24. question729

Haha, I broke down, too. I guess nag screens really work. Haven't broken down on my Incredible's nag yet, though. Anyway, no issues to report either, but you can bet I'll share any I do run into.
  25. AutobahnSHO

Where did you go to figure out how to root it?

I'd start with xda developers forum.