Firmware updateSupport

1. brianbrod1

brianbrod1 Well-Known Member

After going all weekend long with stellar battery life on wifi I'm hoping the rumored firmware update will fix the issue I'm having on 3g 2 hours and I'm down. To 75 percent!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

It may not, if you are in a poor reception area, where your signal strength is less than -95dBm.
  3. brianbrod1

brianbrod1 Well-Known Member

Hmm. Have full bars at all times.
  4. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Mission one of the update is apparently to fix where data will stop working and requires a reboot, or wait untill it finally reaquires. This is per VZW folks. Bionic has it too, but worse than the Razr (though it has happened to me three times). Does not matter if 3G or 4G for the data loss.
  5. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Sad to say but there is a chance that "full bars" is not an accurate representation of the phones current signal strength. The graph in the notification bar is simply a product of a mathematical calculation performed within the phone. It's possible that the formula they used is flawed. Unfortunately this has happened in the past with other phones.
  6. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Signal and battery life bars are in the same semi alternate reality ;)
  7. TheSuper

TheSuper Well-Known Member

Anyone know when we're going to receive this firmware update? Is it this month???
  8. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

I would not count on that if you are asking about Ice Cream Sandwich. The source code was only released to manufacturers less than 2 weeks ago or so and they will neen some time to get it to phones.
  9. OlManRivah

OlManRivah Well-Known Member

What's wrong with that?
    4 @ 50%
    6 @ 25%
    7 need a charge
    Using 3G. .. .:rolleyes:
  10. TheSuper

No, not for ICS. I mean a firmware update to fix bugs, kinks, etc as per OP. Those kinds of things.
  11. rankman

rankman Well-Known Member

My guess is it will be bundled with ICS.
  12. dmaxfan

dmaxfan Well-Known Member

They need to fix the hotspot issue
  13. geemacd

geemacd Well-Known Member

I think the person maybe talking about a firmware upgrade I read when the phone 1st came out that said an upgrade was coming in december.

I think it maybe only for US folks, if i remember right it was something to do with 4g drops etc and some minor improvement tweaks. I asked a question if it would be for all or just verizon people with no response

Im sure I read about it in this forum, searched and I shall find lol

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-razr/446164-razr-firmware-update.html
  14. TheSuper

15. pm1066

pm1066 Well-Known Member