• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root First post. Going to root soon.

and you're not supposed to do it from the "#" prompt you are supposed to do it exactly like the directions say.

Crap.....really sorry about that. I've been deleting too many apps lately and gotten used to the #. My bad.... :eek:

What does it do when you do Vol up + Power? Are you holding the two buttons down together for a second or two?

Upvote 0
held for 2 seconds nothing. Power is the right red phone?
To install other roms like evil eris, etc.. I would do the same process?

thanks

You need to have the rom zip saved to the root of your sd card so that you can flash it with the recovery image first. If not, youll just boot to the recovery and have to reboot the phone to save a rom to your card. I'm assuming you know to power DOWN the phone first, then boot into recovery mode with the vol up+pwr?

Upvote 0
If you don't really care for Sense - Gridlocks Vanilla ROM is very fast and stable. I've been running it with either Helix or Nexus launcher and in the past three weeks only had maybe three random re-boots......which take less than a minute to complete.
No dialer lag either.

Congrats on getting it rooted, you'll have a lot of fun now, If you don't go completely mad with all of the available options! :D

Reactions: bigdaddyblues
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones