• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help First time with Metro PCS.... ZMAX PRO..... issues....

ΩM€GA

Lurker
May 1, 2016
Plz read I need serious help here!

Ok so I decided to make the switch to Metro PCS yesterday.... After owning the original LG G Stylo (virgin Mobile) I wasn't sure on which device to get, my two options were:

1: LG G Stylo 2 Plus,
2: ZTE ZMax Pro

I was a hard decision BUT after a few reviews I ended up with the Zmax Pro..... WHAT A MISTAKE, or I've been having bad luck... Yesterday after I took it home, I ended up setting the wifi on it... only to find out its NOT 5G compatible, So I connect to the 2G hotspot (Charter) only to end up with Apps having problem downloading with the following error: "Download failed, please check you internet connection" Knowing my internet was fine, I re-started the download until it finally downloaded and was successfully installed. At that point, I my gut had a feeling there was something wrong..... Now this morning I installed a few games like O&CO and O&CII only to see the hole screen flicker with artifacts.... So I returned it, and exchanged it for a new one... O BOY.....

So at the metro store When the lady brought the new one out, she opened it, and tried to turn it on... nothing, yet again I got a bad feeling... she charged it a bit only so she could reprogram the phone and I was on my way.. when I got home I fully charged the phone as I was told, and started messing with it at first everything worked and seemed like it was fine.... but ........... now I know WHY the phone was discharged... this second phone has a short on the home button, the light to be exact... when U connect the charger, the dam home button light flickers, when the screen dims and turns off the light STAYS ON, and when you fully turn off the phone YET AGAIN the light STAYS ON........ lol..... wile the phone is fully turned off I can put a slight pressure around the home button, only to see the light flicker, with more pressure the light finally turns off..

So tomorrow Ill be paying yet again for the 3rd time a visit to Metro PCS... BUT what should I do?

A: Should I get a full Refund? and Try another Metro PCS store a try
B: Should I give the Stylo 2 plus A try?
C: OR should I try yet again another phone? (they say "Thrid Time's a Charm" lolz)

As a side note, which one of the two devices is more powerful?

The ZMax PRO has:
An Octa Core @1.5Ghz
2GB Ram
Adreno 405

The Stylo 2 Plus has:
An Octa Core @1.2Ghz
3GB Ram
Adreno 505 (faster than the Adreno 405?)

THANKS!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones