• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fix for Low Aux Volume?

DroidAbuser

Feb 15, 2012
All-

I was reading through this thread http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-razr/453991-confessions-razr-owner-after-honeymoon.html and a couple people mentioned using Poweramp and / or Mixzing to help with the low volume output on the Razr and Razr Maxx. Just curious if this is the latest and greatest as far as apps go to help with this issue....?

Google music and Pandora sound pretty crappy when streaming into aux in while in the vehicle. I have the media volume on the handset most of the way up as well as the volume on the head unit cranked up.

Thoughts / Suggestions....

Thanks.....

I have the MAXX and use it a lot for music. Whenever I drive, I plug in my car charger and aux cable. I have played Pandora quite a bit. I currently use Slacker plus($3.99 a month for unlimited skipping...awesome) or I just use my library on my sd card(1400 songs) I have Pandora and Slacker set to the highest audio quality. All of the above that I have mentioned play and sound great. I have listened to them in my truck. On a boombox(with no eq) and with headphones. I have my audio effects for wired devices as follows, Effects profile-Custom, Surround-Off, Equalizer-Brilliant Treble. I know when listening with the AUX cable your phones volume should always be lower than whatever it is plugged into. When you get loud and your phone is higher you will get distortion. Turn your radio up higher than normal(without having the hissing or weird sounds) and then adjust your phones media volume accordingly. I have never experienced any type of low sound issue. I am using all stock apps. Nothing downloaded. Stock music player and Stock Slacker.

Upvote 0
arparaspolo-

I followed your advice and set my phone audio settings like you stated. I also increased the output on both Pandora and Google music to the highest level. I just tried it a little bit ago and Pandora may sound a little better as far a volume goes but Google music is still just blah...pretty low in my opinion.

Thought there might be more people that may respond to this....? I assumed with the link I posted it is a known issue with Razr and the Razr Maxx?

Upvote 0
HUH.

Well I use Slacker radio and I use the music player. Might be your cable or your headunit.

But - what I went to - wired devices - custom - surround off, Bass Punch. I set my volume to one or 2 clicks below max

And sounds great in the car. Why max out the volume - to alleviate amp loss for the input. I also use a decent cable but you don't have to go overboard.

For headphones I have the same settings - but the volume is in the bottom 3rd of the scale.

Upvote 0
Go into app settings and make sure its set to stream in high quality. Volume+ Atto in the market can help, but its likely to bring clarity issues. I use Motorola S305 Bluetooth headset for my music, and have zero complaints on clarity or volume. I primarily use power amp, but sometimes use Motocast. Only device i've used that's louder is Xperia Play, which has stereo speakers. I would say I just got a good one, but we have 3 Maxx handsets, and they all sound great.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones