• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fixing my boyfriend's phone, and........

Well, he's having problems sending pictures. He has an HTC Evo 4G with the cyan(something-something, you probably know the name - don't feel like using google right now)mod 7, and it all of a sudden has issues with sending pictures.

So...I want to put a new rom onto the phone to see if that'll fix the problem. But the phone was originally on Sprint. He sent it to Metro PCS to get his data plans and such with them. So now he's wondering that if I flash a new rom, will it mess with the plan on Metro PCS. I already told him that it voids the warranty, but I'm not sure if it'll screw up the phone carrier plan. I don't have a data plan - as I use wifi. So I don't exactly know.

Does anyone know that if I flash a new rom within a phone, will it mess with the phone carrier plan in anyway or form?

Flashing a new rom won't mess with the flash to Metro or the plan as Don stated.
Also, Tube mentioned a nandroid backup before a rom flash.....GOOD ADVICE :D

Anyways, here is some useful info for the Evo on Metro.
You stated that his phone has issues....is that after the flash to Metro?

Have you tried to clear cache and dalvik cache via recovery?

Upvote 0
Firstly, I'm thanking all of you guys for the help..I would think it wouldn't mess with the flash either.

Moved here for proper help and support.

IMO, it should not effect the device carrier, but you may have to change the APN settings, but I would wait to let others respond first to make sure ;)

I'm not sure how to change the APN settings, or even what those are..I guess I learn something new everyday, lol..Can someone explain what APN settings are to me?

Flashing a new rom won't mess with the flash to Metro or the plan as Don stated.
Also, Tube mentioned a nandroid backup before a rom flash.....GOOD ADVICE :D

Anyways, here is some useful info for the Evo on Metro.
You stated that his phone has issues....is that after the flash to Metro?

Have you tried to clear cache and dalvik cache via recovery?

Well, he claims that the person did Everything at one time. So I'm not sure if it's before or after the flash to metro......

I haven't tried clearing the cache and dalvik cache yet only because I haven't got a hold to his phone yet. I'll see if that does anything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones