• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flash back to stock ROM?

strangeLady

Aug 7, 2012
I have had the Triumph for quite a while, and have been thinking about getting a new phone (I'm looking at the HTC EVO V 4G in particular). My Triumph of course has been rooted and has MTDEV-CM7.

In the event that I do decide to switch to the EVO, should I flash back to stock on the Triumph before doing so, in case I want to use the Triumph again at any point in the future? I don't know if having a custom ROM will affect it if I decide to switch back.

(Also, anyone who's gone from the Triumph to the EVO -- how do you like it, compared to your experience with the Triumph?)

What if I want to switch back to the Triumph at some point? Will VM recognize the device and allow me to make the switch?

If you don't leave VM, you should be fine as your "numbers" will be the same. I would just leaves it alone until you decide what phone you want to keep. If you sell it, then putt it back to stock. We have ROM for that too.

Reactions: strangeLady
Upvote 0
Well yea I wanted jelly bean ROMs and you have to s-off and all that stuff it sound scary but too me its worth it. The only downside from a jellybean ROM on the evo is that the 3d doesn't work everything else does. But yea its a lot of good ICS and jellybean ROMs so I would say root and s-off and I you can pm me and I will help you through the whole process if u need it cause rooting and s-offing the evo is a whole lot different then the triumph

Upvote 0
It's so easy to install custom recovery and ROM on the Triumph in any case... if you're keeping the Triumph as a 'spare' then keep your current ROM.

There's a ROM package out there than will flash your phone back to 'just out of the box' condition should you want to do that... both stock recovery and stock ROM in one package http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/625341-rom-mtdev-unroot-final.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones