• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flytouch 3 quick review

I am considering buying a tablet for the first time and am looking at an 'Android 2.2 10.2" Superpad 3 8gb Epad/Apad.

Can anyone please advise as to what browsers can be used on this tablet?
I presently use Firefox on my home PC and am wondering if I can use it on this tablet.

Any other thoughts on the quality/usability of this tablet would also be appreciated.

Many thanks for any response.

Upvote 0
@bobbyfisher
Many thanks for your comments.
I am in the UK and looking to buy on Ebay over here.
On checking the battery specs on the 10 or so Flytouch I have on my Ebay watch list only one shows as 8000mah and all the others show between 3800-6400 and thus would appear to be clones.
As you say I should do more homework on this before taking the plunge.
Again many thanks for the info.

Upvote 0
@bobbyfisher
Many thanks for your comments.
I am in the UK and looking to buy on Ebay over here.
On checking the battery specs on the 10 or so Flytouch I have on my Ebay watch list only one shows as 8000mah and all the others show between 3800-6400 and thus would appear to be clones.
As you say I should do more homework on this before taking the plunge.
Again many thanks for the info.

flytouch 8000 | eBay UK

Reactions: hayhoe
Upvote 0
Hmm - that link when I click on it does not match the items I found in my search.

I found 8 items that matched my search, if you want me to list all the items individually - let me know.

imo - I would go for an 8gb to start with, if you need a bigger internal sd card then purchase a bigger faster sd card yourself and with a bit of diy you can easily put a 32gb class 10 inside for way cheaper than the one they ship with (usual a class II or sometimes a class 6), and you will get a slight performance boost, and the reading & writing to the card of copying data to it is much much faster.

Upvote 0
And there have been many people who have bought from ebay UK who have got a FT3 as described, and it not being dropshipped, and it being despatched within 24 hours and arriving next day, which is always my preferred way of doing things. We have tough trading standard laws here in the UK who I would rather trust over any overseas falsely marked gift items that may arrive faulty and having to be shipped back at your own expense.

UK also has tight distance selling laws which protect UK users far more than anything shipped from overseas as well, refunds and returns (no matter what it says in the item description on ebay) are much more easily settled when dealing with a UK ebay member to a UK purchaser than when dealing with any overseas company who don't even answer customer emails.

As long as you do your homework prior to purchase, checking feedback, sending PMs to ebay sellers to see if they answer, I would always, always suggest buying from within the UK at any opportunity over sending my hard earned money overseas to an unknown and ungoverned business.

Upvote 0
The truth is, that you can order from a known real Flytouch 3 site and they can declare it as a gift and mark a low value of $25 so import taxes will not be a problem.

This is absolutely NOT TRUE. The customs declaration made by the Chinese exporter is the legal responsibility of the IMPORTER.. i.e. YOU. It is a commercial transaction.. it is NOT a gift. If the declaration is deemed as false you could by in very deep do-do with customs & excise....whatever your country.

Upvote 0
The truth is, that you can order from a known real Flytouch 3 site and they can declare it as a gift and mark a low value of $25 so import taxes will not be a problem.

With probably the largest drop shipping company being ChinaGrabber who pushes the Ibex brand as "real" or "original". So then this logic would suggest you are likely not to get what is described from resellers using them because they the "drop shippers" .

Also take into account that the list of official reseller are sockpuppet web pages of CG an not independent sellers, all with a no refund at any time policy you are indeed rolling the dice with any of them. While you odds are slightly better than with some on a perfect unit, it remains a gamble non the less.

In the case of E-bay you have the ebay protection along side of paypal (if that is your payment method of choice). You also have the option of choosing a reseller based on rep and their return policies.Does the reseller supply or provide a return shipping receipt if there is an issue? A good reseller will give 7 to 14 days return for refund. Official Ibex reseller give 3 days, why? Because it is rare the pads arrive DOA and any other issues that may require a refund will pop up after 3 days.

Upvote 0
Would this be the right one or is this a "clone"? Trying to find one for Xmas for my wife and daughter.

Amazon.com: 10.1" Flytouch3 Android 2.3 Infotmic X210 1GHz Tablet PC WiFi Camera GPS 8GB MID: Computers & Accessories

Yes.. its a clone. They are all clones. What model number is it? What model number do you want?

Do yourself a favour, go look at the new zenithink zt-280 z102. It is a single supplier, single point of support replacement for the FT3.

Cortex A9 processor
speakers that work
multipoint piezoelectric touchscreen (which is still resistive but very sensitive)
gps works inside without the external antenna (or so it is reported as!)
I'm pretty sure I read that skype video calls work too.

That is worth the extra over something that might, or might not be the model you want.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Does anyone know if I can use any usb card reader with google android 2.2 to transfer photos from a camera to a usb memory stick if I have a transfer box, or are the card readers only compatible with windows/OS ect.?
I'm going on a trip and want to use my tablet only as a transfer point to keep my camera memory free, instead of taking a chunky laptop.

Cheers,

Upvote 0
Hi,

Does anyone know if I can use any usb card reader with google android 2.2 to transfer photos from a camera to a usb memory stick if I have a transfer box, or are the card readers only compatible with windows/OS ect.?
I'm going on a trip and want to use my tablet only as a transfer point to keep my camera memory free, instead of taking a chunky laptop.

Cheers,

The FT3 USB ports are standard USB. It will recognise any USB memory card adapter, providing the tongue is long enough to reach the contacts!! (go on....ask me how i know!!)

SDC13204.jpg

Upvote 0
If you want to be able to use Tim6a or FunnyComb custom roms for the Flytouch3 you need to buy a Disco10 based model. It seems as if iBex Flytouch 3 is the only one with Disco10 anymore. The others are P041 Superpad III which is not compatible with those roms.

Is this a good price for a Disco10? Flytouch 3 Android 2.2 4GB

Also, does anyone know what this is? I'm guessing an ft3 or newer due to the single tf slot....I'm not 100% sure if it's updateable in the rom section or if the internal card is replaceable either....anybody got opinions on it? Zenithink ZT280 Z102 Flytouch 5 Android 2.3 4GB

-Mike.

Upvote 0
Is this a good price for a Disco10? Flytouch 3 Android 2.2 4GB

Also, does anyone know what this is? I'm guessing an ft3 or newer due to the single tf slot....I'm not 100% sure if it's updateable in the rom section or if the internal card is replaceable either....anybody got opinions on it? Zenithink ZT280 Z102 Flytouch 5 Android 2.3 4GB

-Mike.

IMHO

The Disco10 tablet is not such a good deal as it has been removed!!!

The Zenithink Z102 is a much better tablet than the FT3... for a start you wont have the multiple model problems and it has the A9 Cortex CPU which is streets ahead of the x220. It is more expensive (of course!) but well worth it.

The seller FLSuperstore is active on Android Tablet Forum : Forums covering all Android Tablets

Upvote 0
Sorry, it worked perfectly when I posted it, it was listed at $169 buy it now with free s/h. Flytouch 3 Android 2.2 4GB

Thanks for redirecting me to the seller's most frequented site, this'll help in communication. I was just trying to get a heads up before dumping more money down the drain like I did on that crappy superpad3 a few months back. It cost me $229 and wasn't returnable. I was about to jump the gun on that zenithink but just wanted to know what anyone thought first.

Thanks again, Mike.

Upvote 0
>>> My review <<<

I just bought a Flytouch III on 10/21, came in a box marked SuperPad III. Bought it on a website (umibuy.com) and it shipped directly from Hong Kong. Was $159, shipping free to the USA (Texas). Took 11 days from order to delivery. Arrived in GREAT shape. They took Paypal, which I used and recommend when dealing with Asian website purchases.

In the SETTINGS->ABOUT DEVICE, it states that it is a Model Number DISCO10.
Android version 2.2-20110803
Kernel version 2.6.32.9, Build number FRF85B

I am very happy with it. The speakers are horrible, but with a headset- all is well.
It plays every movie file that I have thrown at it. Very nice quality. No lag- no audio sync problems. Plays all of my music library also.

The GPS started off in Shanghai, until I attached the (included) external GPS antenna. It took about 10 minutes (indoors) to locate me correctly (and accurately) on the included MAPS application. The device (after all) has to locate a half dozen satellites to "fix" your position.

I purchased a 16GB MicroSD card (at a local retailer) to hold several seasons of TV programs that I watched on a LONG 16 hour flight to London->Dubai->Afghanistan. Worked flawlessly (recharged the battery in between layovers).

The tablet will also play movies/audio files from USB sticks with no problem (something that an Apple iPad cannot do!).

The battery life with GPS and WiFi off is about 5 hours from "fully charged" when just watching movies. Switch on the WiFi and you (may) get an hour of internet browsing. Switch on the GPS and a half hour later the tablet is drained.

The screensaver plastic that comes with the FT3 quickly peeled at the corners and I had to tape it down. I am searching for adequate and better quality ones that will cover the space and stay put (any suggestions)?

I downloaded a few apps from the web (not the marketplace) and they appear to run properly. The Dolphin Browser is almost a requirement. The included browser stutters on some sites. The Dolphin Browser is clean, crisp, and precise.

For the price, I really like my FT3. I bought it for less than half the price of an Apple iPad. My primary purposes are for reading e-books, watching movies, listen to MP3s, and for the GPS capabilities (in case I get lost). All are fulfilled by this device. I highly recommend.

I have used the tablet to access email, surf the web, take pictures (webcam is adequate for low quality pictures), fix a few GPS locations, read a few e-books (in PDF format), and generally impress my co-workers who now want to get one.

Upvote 0
Internet works the same as with any wifi-connected device.

You'll want to open Settings > Wireless and Networks > Wifi Settings to select the network. Then, for free wifi networks, you might need to open your browser after connecting - lots of free networks want you to login using their custom login page in the browser (it comes up automatically when you try to access some page like Google on the Internet.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones