• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flytouch 3 Stylus

lfc4ever

Android Enthusiast
Jul 20, 2011
Anyone have a great stylus they bought that works well on the FT3 and would like to share where they it bought from?

Equally - any that are not suitable which you bought would also be welcome, ones to avoid are just as useful sometimes :p

The best capacitive one I have bought was one from Maplins UK here -> Capacitive Stylus : Accessories : Maplin which works great on the phone, but has too much "give" for the FT3.

I tried this one:

SUCK UK - Touch Screen Stylus

Which is not bad, but can sometimes be too draggy & sticky and not freeflowing enough for me.

Thank you.

lol - I'll keep that in mind and being an avid lidl shopper I should spot them and pick them up easily enough :)

So - does everyone use screen protectors for their FT3 then as well? FT3 specific or any brand for tablets?

Originally [being a bit of a tight bastard] I kept the flimsy film on the screen until it was unusable but finally succumbed to the 'luxury' of a pack of three screen savers for

Upvote 0
That's my problem, I can never get them on to my 100% satisfaction, but if I persist then maybe the stylus I have will be good enough, might work better on a protector rather than directly on the glass.

Oh the quandary over something that is less than a fiver :p

Upvote 0
That's my problem, I can never get them on to my 100% satisfaction, but if I persist then maybe the stylus I have will be good enough, might work better on a protector rather than directly on the glass.

Oh the quandary over something that is less than a fiver :p

try a little slightly diluted washing up liquid and a credit card...(to squeegee the liquid out...not buy a new tablet!!:D)

Upvote 0
try a little slightly diluted washing up liquid and a credit card...(to squeegee the liquid out...not buy a new tablet!!:D)

Meh, I fall somewhere between a Mr Bean & a Mr Clumsy.

Water, washing up liquid a credit card & my tablet would prob turn into a bubble bath of sorts with the card in a handy place to call the plumber :D

/watch this space

Upvote 0
Amazon sells a 3 pack of stylus like the one on your first link for $3 US. They work great, except, they only really work on a screen protector. Directly on the glass they are kind of sticky so great for accuracy lousy for slide. But with a protector on they are good.

Whiich one on Amazon? They are selling several 3packs for less than $3.

Upvote 0
The ones in my "3 pack of stylus" link in my original post? You mean those ones?:p

Oops, didn't realize that was a link, Rabid. Old eyes, I guess. For $2.60, I'll give them a try.

Earlier in this thread, there are posts about screen protectors. I bought the "Exim Style" Protectors from a Hong Kong seller on eBay. 2 for around $10. The quality is terrific, head and shoulders over the one that came with my FT3. With a little care, you should be able to install them with no bubbles. A bit oversized, but easily trimmed with a scissors. Truly an excellent product.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones