• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ironass

Extreme Android User
Aug 17, 2010
Cotswolds, England
Samsung have started rolling out the One UI 6.0 Beta test firmware in the U.S.A. to unlocked Fold5, F946UI, devices that have signed up.

Build = F946UIUEU1ZWJ2

Download = 2739.42 MB

Security patch = 01 October 2023

N.B.
Because beta test releases are not certified, you will find that things like Google Wallet, banking apps, may not work until there is a stable release.

Last edited:
Just installing One UI 6.0 Beta for the U.K. on CSC code EUX, unbranded.

BETA ONE UI 6.0 1 Screenshot_20231006_224504_Software update.jpg

Upvote 0
As in previous years, Samsung are restricting the beta testing to selected areas...

"Samsung limits a beta program's availability to select markets, such as the USA, South Korea, Germany, India, Poland, and the UK. The release for China got delayed."

See... Everything you need to know before joining Samsung’s One UI 6.0 beta

Have found a couple of my 3rd party apps from the Google Play Store that have not been updated for Android 14 and One UI 6.0 and have contacted the developers who have had about 6 months advance notice to update their apps.

Upvote 0
TOP TIP: Quick Settings Instant Access
Pull down the notification bar twice to show the Quick Settings panel and tap on the Edit pencil. (Screenshot #1)

Select, Quick settings instant access. (Screenshot #2)

Turn on the, "Quick settings instant access", feature to enable direct access to Quick Settings by swiping down on the Home screen. (Screenshot #3)

Screenshot #1

BETA NOTIFICATIONS  1 Screenshot_20231006_225656_Nova Launcher.jpg

Screenshot #2

QUICK SETTINGS 1,1 Screenshot_20231007_211402_Nova Launcher.jpg

Screenshot #3

QUICK SETTINGS 2 Screenshot_20231007_211419_Nova Launcher.png

Upvote 0
Been on One UI 6.0, Android 14 Beta on my Fold5 for 4 days now and am loving it.

Very early results are showing a noticeable improvement on battery life and I like the new battery app. Also the expanded Control Panel with a single swipe and the ability to configure Airplane Mode, (see previous posts).

I also like the new font and emojis but perhaps best of all are the camera improvements for Quality optimisation and the camera widget settings to quickly open your camera settings of choice, (see video), not to mention the new, configurable, watermark settings.

Also, check out the new Gallery, editing tools and Samsung Studio.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
I have now been on this Android 14, One UI 6.0 beta for 5 days and I find it to be the most complete beta that I have ever tested. I have come across no major issues and the two 3rd party apps of mine that did not behave correctly were down to the app developers not having updated them for Android 14.

The lack of feedback and error reports on the Beta section of the Samsung Members app, (now just called Members), for beta would seem to bear this out.

One of the reasons I believe that the Fold5 beta is so complete is that the earlier 5 or 6 S23 betas have already done the heavy lifting prior to the Fold5 beta release.

I have seen stable roll-outs on firmware much less rounded and stable than this in the past. It would not surprise me if there was only one other or perhaps none, before a stable release is announced.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones