1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Folders?Support

1. zardoz

zardoz Well-Known Member

I'm used to my Evo, which I guess as part of HTC's Sense gives me the ability to make folders on a homescreen, which I usually drop bookmarks in ("Work" folder, "Home" folder). I don't see this in Xoom- does anyone know of an application which would give somewhat the same functionality?

Advertisement
    :
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

there is a boookmarks widget you can add to thr screen. if you use chrome on your desktop and use the google sync option, those boookmarks will show up in this bookmark widget. i use this on my today screen...
  3. zardoz

zardoz Well-Known Member

Thanks. I've seen the stock bookmark widget, but I don't use Chrome on the desktop though.
    marctronixx likes this.
  4. papermonkey01

papermonkey01 Well-Known Member

Try folder organizer. It lets you create folders for apps, contacts, and bookmarks
  5. zardoz

zardoz Well-Known Member

Thanks! That looks exactly like what I was looking for. Unfortunately can't find it in the market on my Xoom, and when I go the web route to 'send to' I see my Evo as an option but not my Xoom. Hopefully the dev is working on a Honeycomb version.
  6. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

install gears in the market. it lets the device install apps not currently optimized for honey...
    zardoz likes this.
  7. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator

Huge initial complaint. How can there not be folder support by default? It makes no sense. I'm buying folder organizer but I'm shocked this isn't a standard feature. A bit mind boggling.
  8. papermonkey01

Folder organizer is up on the market now, and yes the developer has fixed some of the formatting issues. I currently have the 4x4 widget on my home screen and it's awesome!

I do wish there was an easy way to costomize the bookmarks on the xoom itself without having to use Chrome. Has anyone found a way?
    ilovethebeach likes this.
  9. papermonkey01

I agree, but has Google put any sort of folder functionality on any of it's phones (that don't have manufacturer UI's)?
  10. papermonkey01

what is gears??