• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

For android experts

ispriluc

Lurker
Aug 25, 2013
Hi everbody, Stefan here.
I have an LG L9, Android 4.1.2 and I recently started using nfc tags. I made a task with NFC Task Laucher, to start/ stop media playback. The problem is that sometimes it starts the built in music app, and other times the xiialive online radio app, which I installed. I can`t seem to find an algorithm, it randomly chooses between these two.
What I want it to do is always start the xiia app and I don`t know how to make it the default media app. I tried to disable the music app from settings/ app manager, but then the nfc tag doesn`t do anything at all.
I know an option would be to create a different task, to start/ stop a specific app, but stop only works with rooted devices and I don`t want to root it because I`ll loose the warranty.
I was hoping there was a way that didn`t involve rooting.
Thank you for any advice.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones