• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help For some reasons my mp3's wont play. I keep getting an error mesage. HELP

ec7433

Lurker
Nov 1, 2010
This has possibly been the most frustrating thing I have ever had to deal with for any electronic I have ever had. I sync my phone with doubletwist and have even tried just simply dragging and dropping to the music folder on the phone. But when I go to play my music only some songs will play. I copied them all from iTunes but I get the error message: "Unable to play this type of audio file" I am 100% sure that it is an mp3 but for whatever reason it wont play. What should I do?

I know you said your sure its an MP3 file. From my understanding Itunes converts mp3s to a different file. Double check this. If you have a file explorer you can check the extension of the file. If you don't have one i suggest Astro File manager.

I'm sure it is mp3 because I took this into consideration and converted my whole song list to mp3.

Upvote 0
Could be apple putting their copyright laws embedded into the file. They are really anal about copy and pasting there songs to different places.

from what I understood from a friend doubletwist supposedly helps with this.

ec7433 have you tried playing the files on another phone or on your computer?

what did you use to convert the files?

Upvote 0
Guys i have the exact same problem i been sooo frustrated... i downloaded a few songs that i liked in MP3 format yet when i try to play them on the phone it says unable to play this audio file... and it says .MP3 MPEG 3 layer Audio Blah blah blah the whole nine. but it just keep saying the same i tryed downloading the same music from diferent places and still same problem. plz help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones