• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

for the new people

Im starting to see a trend of people who have 1 single post...and no introduction...there should be a rule to introduce yourself first before you are able to post...

Not that it is really important but people may just want to state the problem or info without a bunch of personal fluff..

Sorta like your first post in the "Introductions" section :
After a long run of using my blackberry pearl 8120 it finally gave in. It wouldnt charge up, it would freeze randomly, the trackball would stop working even though i cleaned it. I decided that enough is enough, I went to craigslist and bough a used G1 for $150 in near mint condition only one scatch in the back. Sup?

So to each their own ... and let them enjoy their visits !! even lurkers are Welcome Here .... I personally never posted an Introduction :rolleyes:... and probably would not have stuck around if that was a requirement ...

So newbie's fear not !! we dont need your history unless you want to share ... just post your tips, observations and questions and enjoy the forums for all they can be !!! :cool:

Upvote 0
Just my opinion based on using other forums:

Some people will hang around. Some people won't. Some won't post at all if they have to post an introduction because they not looking to socialize; they're just after some quick advice. That may seem selfish, given the effort (and cost) put into creating an on-line community like this, but all traffic is potentially valuable from a word-of-mouth and advertising point of view, and you'll only drive some of that traffic elsewhere if you begin ring-fencing the community with tight criteria.

Case in point: I bought my first Android phone a few days ago, and immediately sought out related forums. I posted an introduction at another forum (where it was required) and I got so bored waiting for it to be approved, that I decided to look for other forums, found this place and posted a few times. Right now I'm thinking, "I never went back to that forum to check out replies to my introduction thread!" So I'm gonna go back there before I forget. :D

Upvote 0
Hi.

I guess you could call this an introduction, although I did put in a "hello" type of response to someone else's post tonight.

I joined although I don't have an Android device YET but am considering it seriously and needed to do some research and get some feedback. (for more info on why, you can see a lot of it in echoed by the gentleman from Denmark in "Don't they make PDAs anymore").

I must admit, I didn't realize a formal introduction in a specific area was proper protocol; with so many different forums and threads I wouldn't have known where if I hadn't stumbled upon lethal's lament. So I hope I have corrected my gaffe.

Thank you for your indulgence.

xarophti

Upvote 0
I must admit, I didn't realize a formal introduction in a specific area was proper protocol;

I don't think it is standard protocol at many web forums to be honest. Some are more Q&A than social driven, so they don't even include an introductions forum, although I think (in my limited experience) this place is a bit of both.

Anyway, *welcome* - even though I've only been here a few days myself. :p

Upvote 0
Hi.

I guess you could call this an introduction, although I did put in a "hello" type of response to someone else's post tonight.

I joined although I don't have an Android device YET but am considering it seriously and needed to do some research and get some feedback. (for more info on why, you can see a lot of it in echoed by the gentleman from Denmark in "Don't they make PDAs anymore").

I must admit, I didn't realize a formal introduction in a specific area was proper protocol; with so many different forums and threads I wouldn't have known where if I hadn't stumbled upon lethal's lament. So I hope I have corrected my gaffe.

Thank you for your indulgence.

xarophti

Welcome to the AF Forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0
I came here at first to learn some things about android but I joined to bs while at work. so to each his own if I can help I will but a person who gets warm responses from introduction will probally stick around just my 2 cents

Yeah, I agree with you, I used to be a former blackberry user untill I bough the G1 and Im never going back, the android o/s is really fun!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones