• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

For those of you with signal issues....

How are you guys seeing your dBm readings?

I did a little testing with my friends Droid side by side. We just used the Speedtest.Net app to see what kind of download speed we were getting. Mine sat at around 450kbs download speed until I moved the palm of my hand off of the antenna (where the Google logo is) and it shot right up to 1250kbs.

I'm thinking the signal issues may be related to poor placement of the antenna?

Upvote 0
This is more of a software bug which includes the bars and what the real dbm is showing. A battery pull does not help and has already been noted in other threads. I have -101dbm and have crystal clear signal with 4% signal loss over a course of 2 days.

Where is signal loss displayed? Is it supposed to be under Battery and then Cell Standby?

Upvote 0
the problems im having is at my home where i always had full bars and 3G. i now have fluxuating signal that ranges from-66 to -100. i called and they actually sent out a tech today and he found no problem. so my question is to you all is, is your signal fluxing as much as mine too?

my speed test was 1.03 down and .22 up......

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones