• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help For those using Exchange to sync (not Google just Outlook)

vinndy

Jul 19, 2010
Can't find the answer, but there are many unsolved threads. I have duplicate entries that are re-occuring events that were changed in Outlook via computer. They change, but show up twice on my DINC: same event, same time, same place, etc., but only once via PC.
I am trying to solve and here's a question: when you go to calendar > menu > more > Calendars > what choices do you have and what do you have checked? I have "'My Calendar"; "Exchange"; and "PC Sync" and I feel like I should only have one checked, but don't knwo which one. I am new to Droid and want to stay, but this is killing me.

If the only calendar you have been using prior to this phone was on your outlook exchange server than uncheck all of these calendars except "exchange." I'm not positive that it will stop the duplicates but it's got a good shot and if anything it will save a tiny bit of battery life by not syncing things you don't need.

Upvote 0
Update is that I cannot find a solution anywhere on the web and it seems like it is a known problem that for the time being cannot be fixed. I am sad to say that if I cannot resolve this by the end of next week I may go back to BB. The issue is that I have other people scheduling appts for me. Many times the appts change, when they are changed, my DINC doesn't display it correctly and I could miss a meeting or be in the wrong place at the wrong time, either of which is not good. :(

Upvote 0
I don't know if this is too late for you.

First of all, you get more sync settings if you go to Home > Menu > Settings > Accounts & sync > the account you're talking about > Account settings.

But, unfortunately, it seems that when in Outlook, when a meeting is revised and you accept the revised version, it will not always delete the old one in the Android calendar. It's as if the sync function can't send delete instructions. This does not always happen, but it has happened to me lately. And when I delete what appears to be a duplicate, it rejects the meeting--deleting it entirely from my desktop calendar and sending a decline message to the meeting requester, while leaving one version still sitting there.

I've also found that if I accept a meeting request from my phone, then it can also create a duplicate.

The best solution I've found is not so great. That is to "purge" by deleting the entire account, then setting it up again. This takes a while, because it also requires deleting the email and re-syncing that, too. You can remove the account by going to Home > Menu > Settings > Accounts & sync > the account you're talking about > Remove Account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones