• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
con
So far the only con I see with the Force is the camera. Not sure if its the hdware or sftware. Cant zoom in cause it wont be clear. not even 2mp quality set at 5.

pros
Most everything else is great.
Very loud ringer too
:smokingsomb:

Your issue is probably with the software. You should try adjusting the white balance. This can be done by opening the camera app and hitting the gear icon. Then, change the WB based on your lighting. When I purchased the phone, I thought the camera was very poor color wise. However, I quickly discovered that having White Balance on Auto is not ideal at all.

With regards to the megapixels, you should keep in mind that megapixels do not define a camera's quality. Megapixels are simply a measurement of resolution and the amount of pixels per picture. A 3 MP (3 million pixels) camera has a resolution of 2048x1536 which is way beyond the resolution of your average high end monitor. A high number of megapixels would only be necessary when zooming in and maybe cropping.

Reactions: Bootlegger
Upvote 0
Pros:
I have only had the phone for two days so it is hard to say. However, it has been a solid experience so far. ]The dual core 1.5 GHz processor is snappy and the 1 GB of RAM allows for some decent multi-tasking power. The audio quality is good but nothing special. The display tops the quality of other low end smartphones but doesn't surpass anything from medium to high end smartphones. The battery life is definitely admirable when considering the hardware you get. Both cameras are decent but nothing worth going in to depth. Finally, the LED indicator and flash are both welcomed features that add a nice touch.

Cons:
It is worth pointing out that the SD card has no external slot. In order to insert the SD card, you have to pop the back cover off to insert the SD card. I do not mind this at all but others might find it to be a hassle.

Another possible issue for some are the aesthetics. The phone lacks any branding on its surface. There is not a logo nor a name anywhere on the phone. I don't see this as neither a pro nor con. I made the purchase based on the hardware, not on its looks and brand. Although, I do see how some would find this to be a con.

The only real con that I have found is the camera button. Initially, I believed that pressing and holding the button did not work as a camera shortcut with this phone. However, I discovered that the button requires a lot more pressure than one would expect. The button sort of tricks you. Upon pressing it, it sinks in and you feel the click. At this point, the button is not actually activated. It requires slightly more pressure which is when you feel the outer button make contact with the inner.

I will continue to examine and test the phone. It has been a very positive experience so far. I previously used the Samsung Galaxy Prevail which makes the ZTE Force look like a $500 smartphone in comparison.

Upvote 0
Well, I was going to start an impressions thread, but it looks like this is where I should post. I guess I am hijacking, but I am staying on topic :)

Cons:

Like my previous ZTE (Warp): Buttons...
The camera button is at least smart, since it requires a long press.
The volume buttons should be recessed and covered in a soft membrane so they are harder to activate (solution is volume locker)
No roms (yet) :)
Camera (rear) - I think this is a software issue as well, lots of compression artifacts, but and improvement from my previous phone.

Not exactly a con...
The home button - I frequently press it while typing, need to be more careful!
Weight - considering all factors I think it is acceptable, wife thinks it is clunky.
If you can see just fine, adjust the DPI, to your liking - huge text makes a device feel cheap to me.

Pros:
Good base hardware, 10K Antutu bench.
4G - when I can get it
Responsive
Loud!
Decent size screen
Battery life is amazing
Never had a force close, hang, spontaneous reboot, or other glitchy artifacts
Not dumbed down with Android 2.3.X
Stays cool while charging, and extended use

Overall:
Love it, wouldn't change much, and I overpaid - but I needed it asap. I would recommend it. And I can't think right now, might have to come back with an edit.

Upvote 0
Well i just go mine. I upgraded from the old Samsung Prevail.

Pros:

Very fast
Loads games quickly
internet runs fast, smooth
large screen with good quality
UI is simple but an upgrade from 2.3 Gingerbread
LOTS OF SPACE (Prevail had only 200mb...ahh)
Battery is great. Full 1 1/2 days without charging, while talking, watching youtube, downloading games, and browsing internet.

Cons:
There is a red border that appears when the cpu works hard

Camera is horrible, even compared to the Prevail. Indoors with regular lighting, I can barely see anything on my screen. When I take a picture it is brighter than what I can see, but even then, without perfect lighting or a flash, it is bad. Even with flash, the picture is lame. I"m not talking bout resoution, im talking about simply being able to see what your looking at.

Upvote 0
Well i just go mine. I upgraded from the old Samsung Prevail.

Pros:

Very fast
Loads games quickly
internet runs fast, smooth
large screen with good quality
UI is simple but an upgrade from 2.3 Gingerbread
LOTS OF SPACE (Prevail had only 200mb...ahh)
Battery is great. Full 1 1/2 days without charging, while talking, watching youtube, downloading games, and browsing internet.

Cons:
There is a red border that appears when the cpu works hard

Camera is horrible, even compared to the Prevail. Indoors with regular lighting, I can barely see anything on my screen. When I take a picture it is brighter than what I can see, but even then, without perfect lighting or a flash, it is bad. Even with flash, the picture is lame. I"m not talking bout resoution, im talking about simply being able to see what your looking at.

I wouldn't go that far comparing the camera to the prevail lol. Just booted up my OG prevail, used the camera, and cried for my force's again! But I agree, the camera could be better, ESPECIALLY in low light.

Upvote 0
well the camera im sure is crap... but when zooming you have to consider the fact that you are just cropping the 5mp image, there is not true zoom only digital zoom which just enlarges and crops what youre seeing. nokia fixed that problem with one of their lumias, but to do so they had to use a 21mp ccd... not exactly cost effective. zte uses budget hardware because they are the budget brand, if you want a good quality phone you can pay twice as much for the htc but i see no point in paying that much more for such slight differences

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones