• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Forced to crop wallpaper

emueyes

Lurker
Jun 10, 2012
I'm trying to make a new wallpaper for my Xoom / ICS 4.0.2, I've had a look here and found an answer to my problem, I need an image which is 5 x 1280W x 800H. I was wondering if there are any new ways to ab=void having to Photshop the images, maybe something new in ICS, or a new app that actually works. Thanks for any help

Rob

OK, so to answer my own question.

We need a wide image that covers all the homescreens, it isn't just repeated on each of them. The Xoom screen is a standard 1280 x 800 WXGA and has 5 home screens, so a wallpaper needs to be (5 x 1280) x 800. I've found that IrfanView is spectacularly good at this; I'd imagine most people already have it installed, and it has a tool under Image | Create Panorama that easily aligns single images then produces a single large image. The How-Tos I saw for software like Corel Paintshop were all using the method of 'paste it in as a selection, the align it by hand...'

Using IrfanView there could obviously be different images for each homescreen, too. It is so easy, and it's free. 10/10 IrfanView

Rob

Reactions: bert99
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones