• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Forced to home screen?

Kaysea

Lurker
Nov 17, 2010
Forgive me if this has been previously answered, I looked through the first page of the forum and didn't see anything.

I just turned my phone off maybe 10 minutes ago because I noticed that MSN Talk wasn't signing in. Now that I've turned it back on, it won't let me do anything. By that, I mean that any time I try to go into messaging or use an app, it works for a few seconds and then sends itself back to the home screen, which first appears blank and then loads about 3 seconds later.

I've tried turning it off again, and checked for updates, but nothing.

I also uninstalled the apps I downloaded last night. No change.

And whenever it sends me back to the home screen, it makes a sound like the data roaming notification.

Does anyone have information about what's suddenly wrong here? Even a link to a previous thread would be nice. :p

Thanks,
Kendra

Edit: Also, it just told me on the home screen that process "android.phone" or something similar wasn't working and had to be force closed. Does this mean anything to anyone? I've tried power cycling it, and it has the same problem still. I've since turned it off since I can't use it anyway.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones