Forced updaters Problems Vs No Problems?

forced Update Proplems Vs No Problems?

Poll closed Dec 13, 2009.
  1. Problems!

7 vote(s)
    16.3%
  2. No Problems!

36 vote(s)
    83.7%

Last Updated:

1. Decus22

Decus22 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Usually people with problems are the the ones who post the most. I did not experance any problems after I forced the update. I was wondering of all who did not wait and forced the update. How many have problems :( Vs Don't :D?

Advertisement
  2. itype2slo

itype2slo Well-Known Member

No problems

3. dB Zac

dB Zac Well-Known Member

I feel the browser scrolling is better in 2.0 but over all browser speed is better on 2.0.1. Besides that, everything went smooth and my phone is working as I would expect it to. In fact, I have already checked bluetooth functionality on my hands free kit and its much better! Also the dreaded echo after disconnecting from a bluetooth device is gone (so far)

4. T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

no problems for me right now...

5. Decus22

Bump

Please leave a comment when you vote to keep it up towards the top.

6. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

Oh, I voted before but did not comment.

I did the force update yesterday morning and I have had no problems. I did have a problem answering a call with the new tabbed function but that was user error. (I called myself using my office phone a couple of times to practice and I have it figured out now.)

7. Decus22

LoL I called myself yesterday about 20 times setting up google voice to work with all 3 phones.

8. jlittlec5

jlittlec5 Member

No problems for me.

9. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member

only big problem i have is the scrolling issue but i dont belive that is related to doing a forced update.

other than that i had a minor issue with the keyboard and buttons not lighting up but that was random and have not had the issue after a few reboots.

10. binglejellsx2

binglejellsx2 Well-Known Member

I wish I could say I've had no problems, but the phone has locked up on me twice since I forced the update the other night. I've normally attributed it to the Fb widget in the past (before the update) and turned it off. I'm trying domething new this time and leaving it on.

The first time it locked up on the home screen. Nothing seemed to make the phone budge so I hit the power button and the backlight went out. The button wouldn't turn the screen back on, but I noticed if I held the screen at a certain angle I could see a faint image. Just as I pulled the battery cover off to do a battery pull, the phone rebooted.

Second time was in GV app. It froze after trying to send a message. I hit the power button and the screen went out. This time after hitting the power button again I got the lock screen. After punching in the code I got a prompt to FC the GV app.

Also just after the update my GPS wanted to stay on so I manually turned it off. But I turned it back on and it hasn't happened again. I've also noticed my phone has been switching to 1x more often than before, but I'm thinking its because of people getting the OTA.

Other than that the phone is great and the battery seems to last a bit longer.

11. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

Maybe you need to start a second poll: "OTA updaters Problems Vs No Problems?" and see how the percentages compare.

12. Darbley77

Darbley77 Well-Known Member

No problems due to update. Just the Dock not showing weather---which has nothing to do with the update.

13. prerunnerseth

prerunnerseth Well-Known Member

No Problems here.. Forced update + Rooted.

14. mrthundercleese

mrthundercleese Well-Known Member

I voted no problems as the only issue I have is with browser scrolling speed (which I'm not counting because everyone and their grandmother knows of this problem).

Everything else is has leveled up.

15. gshocker

gshocker Member

No problems here.. Everything is smooth and seems good 24 hours later.

16. binglejellsx2

binglejellsx2 Well-Known Member

This is definitely not user error: I just received a text message and the name of the sender in the notification bar was very different from the actual sender of the message. Nonetheless, clicking on the notification did take me to the correct message thread.

I'm really starting to wonder how rushed the software on these new devices is these days. What ever happened to good 'ole QA before the device is released?

17. phwaap

phwaap Well-Known Member

No problem here, other than of my own making, with the forced updated (+root).

18. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

The only "issue" I had was the shortcut to the Gallery no longer worked. Hardly a problem. So far, I feel my DROID is smoother and a bit quicker than before.

19. xTheyxCallxMexBx

xTheyxCallxMexBx Active Member

I had major problems when I uploaded the update.zip file with my Mac. It wouldn't load, but then after switching to windows, it worked fine.

20. craigrn16

craigrn16 Well-Known Member

no problems for me right now but othere than the fact I had to manually set back up my facebook contacts(well some) back in my contact list. Other than that it runs great.

21. SlotCAR

SlotCAR New Member

OTA Upgrade - No Problems ...