• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root forgot if multi-touch possible w/rooted m860 on Cm7

I just lost my phone so i had to revert back to my old rooted Ascend m860 running CM7 ver. 2.3.4 for the time being. After not using the phone for about a year I was re- familiarizing myself by reading the specs that are posted on several different sites i noticed the specs claiming "multi-touch" capabilities. So the question I'm asking to anyone is... If even possible, how would I enable multi-touch? Is it through software or hardware settings or is it all just a bunch of hype? Thank you in advance for any answers or advice..

I heard one member say that huawei used different used different screens for the ascend. One ascend would have this screen and a different ascend would have a different screen. Not sure, will see if I can find it.
Here it is:
It's not impossible to get multitouch to work, but it's just about there. The major problem is the fact that the US version of the phone has screens made by at least 3 different manufacturers, each of which would require different drivers. Good luck finding out which screen you have, and then finding the drivers for it.

Upvote 0
That's exactly what I was gonna say...

Here's the deal afaik, there were a minimum of three runs of the ascend, the initial run was of ascends with screens that have the physical ability to detect multi touch but not the software or drivers required. They were also the ones that liked being overclocked.
The second run seems to have been put out in a hurry because the CPU barely passes the 645mhz stress test and the screens are a different type all together. The batter covers also loose color and rub down faster.
The last run was better with the CPU but was cheaper on the screen, trackball, and exterior casing.

The upside to the cheapening of the screens was that an ascend could have a horribly spiderwebbed screen and still function.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones