• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Free Speaker/headphone volume boosters?

JnEricsonx

Android Enthusiast
Jun 1, 2011
Just wondering. I know Diceplayer can provide a decent amount, though I'm leery as a couple times it made a video lock up on my Thunderbolt to the point where I had to pull the battery. I'm on a Note 2 now, so I doubt the same will happen, but I'm a bit paranoid. So, any apps that can give the speaker or headphones a bit of a boost?

It may seem counter-intuitive but I use a set of JVC Ear-hook 24 ohm ear buds(JVC HA-EB75).These give higher volumes than most ear-bud headphones that are 16 ohms.Of course more power may mean less battery time but that's true even if you use software.

Boosting the output of the device may not give the volume increase you desire if the headphones cannot use it and may just cause distortion.

HTH :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones